When property inspections, termite, roof, etc. are done on a home, can these be accessed by others?

I am looking into buying a home, but don't know if I will be the 3rd or 4th person to do a termite inspection on the same property within the last year.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A pre-purchase inspection report is done for the client. Agents don't get to hand them out and good inspectors won't either. They may offer you a cut rate for their work, but typically should do the full inspection again. It's a contract-law and liability issue in most jurisdictions.

You can ask the selling agent if they have one but think what this means. They will only let you see a good report.

Bottom line is that you are better off to get your own inspection done.

In most parts of the world you can agree to purchase subject to a clean inspection report. That way you only do the inspection you really need, not one for every house you consider.

Your pre-purchase report from a competent, insured, inspector offers you peace of mind (and if they've messed up you can always claim against them).

Never let the seller or an agent or a pest controller who has worked ion the property suggest an inspector. It's just too risky.

Hope this helps

Source(s): Lots about termites: http://drdons.net
  • Lar
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

look under the kitchen sink...some states require a sticker placed with the date of the inspection. Other locations are the breaker box...hot water heater area or maybe the central heating unit

Source(s): me-termite inspector
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

What ever it may be. You should do home inspection from your side, then only you will be sure about the problems associated with the home.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.