Can LeBron be the "Golden Boy" playing for a small market team like Cleveland?

Ok so I just found out the Lakers-Rockets series drew the highest rating for ESPN ever for a NBA series, and it got me thinking why doesn't LeBron draw that type of ratings. On a individual basis he is more hyped up then any other player, but remember when they went to the Finals and it was like a record low... show more Ok so I just found out the Lakers-Rockets series drew the highest rating for ESPN ever for a NBA series, and it got me thinking why doesn't LeBron draw that type of ratings. On a individual basis he is more hyped up then any other player, but remember when they went to the Finals and it was like a record low ratings. I mean Lebron is gonna be the poster boy of the NBA and I am just wondering how much it pisses off Stern that he is playing for a small market with little media attention. imagine the ratings the NBA will get if LeBron plays for the Knicks or Lakers, by combining the hype of Lebron and the hype of the team and given the fact that basketball is a global sport more, the NBA might draw some epic ratings if that happens.

I am not hating here, but I am just wondering if it's good for the health of the NBA to have their biggest star struck in Cleveland.

BQ: Lakers or Denver?

BQ2: Melo or Wade?

BQ3: Are you pumped for the conference Finals?

STAR if you like STAR if you don't like!
Update: yeah I am pumped other than Bos vs Bulls, the playoff hasn't lived up to expectations so far.

To the Spurs fan, game 4 between LAL vs HOU drew the biggest single game rating for ESPN, and that was their first game w/o Yao which nobody gave them any chance of winning, but people still tuned in to watch.
Update 2: lol Warriors, yeah it's nicer to come on here at night.
Update 3: You can still catch the score on your phone I guess, lol. Well good luck with you practice.
Update 4: Cavs shouldn't Cleveland people sacrifice themselves for the good of the NBA, I mean do you really want to see the league do down because LeBron doesn't draw enough ratings to keep the league alive?
Update 5: dude haven't you heard about the league lending out loans to teams and all the staff cut? Seriously a few Clevelanders and that can be solved or at least ease some financial difficulties for the NBA. Ok I hope this helps, you people are valuable for the first time in your lives, take that chance.
Update 6: What happened to my best buddy who dreamt of helping the world? :(
Update 7: What about the boy who is starving right now because his dad got fired at the concession stand in a NBA arena? I don't think Lebron is yours to give up, I mean with all due respect I doubt he has ever heard of a boy named "Cavs in '09". I hope LeBron will do the right thing and walk away from... show more What about the boy who is starving right now because his dad got fired at the concession stand in a NBA arena?

I don't think Lebron is yours to give up, I mean with all due respect I doubt he has ever heard of a boy named "Cavs in '09". I hope LeBron will do the right thing and walk away from Cleveland.