Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What's the best way to fix my eating disorder?

I'm 15, 5'8", and weigh about 123 pounds. I've always thought I was overweight, I'll go days without eating, and I still feel fat. I'm taking diet pills and exercising, but I'm getting no results. I want to be under 100 pounds or close to it. I need help, I don't like starving myself, I jus want to be able to accept myself. I used to be bulimic, but I stopped finally.. Any advise as into how I can loose the weight and be happy.? Or to help me with my condition.? Anything will help. thank you..

• Rachel

If this amount of food isn't making you fat then you don't have an eating disorder. What you do have is either the body of a normal growing teenager, or some sort of problem with absorbing nutrients from your food. It's probably the former, but always worth seeking a professional opinion if you're worried, which you clearly are.

Yes. Enjoy Food. I can't eat hardly anything due to 30 pages worth of food allergies, and I can't even lose a pound, because I eat too little calories. I weigh 204 pounds and am 5'3 inches tall. You are Very Skinny, and should be happy with your weight. Imagine if you weighed what I do. Having Food Allergies suck, and is no way to live. You should be lucky that you can eat. My diet is boring and bland, with no special sauces, no pizza, no donuts, no nothing that people take for granted every day. I should be a size 2 by now, and am no where being near it. Get some couseling, or see a doctor. Before you waste away to nothing. You are already under weight...you are supposed to weigh 126 to 139. It's not worth it. You will only ruin your body. EAT, while you still can.

You're not fat, but a raw food diet high in uncooked, unprocessed foods should help the way you feel and assuming you eat till you are satisfied should help you reach your ideal weight. Trust me, without all those toxins in your body you'd feel so much better.

You don't need diet pills, just eat naturally, lots of raw(uncooked, unprocessed) fruits, some raw vegetables and a small amount of raw nuts/seeds, supplement b12(the natural way to get b12 would probably be considered unhygienic in today's society, hint: b12 comes from bacteria), and drink lots of water. Eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not(and eat till you feel satisfied!), listen to your body, do what comes natural, not what others want you to do.

I'd also recommend walking or running(preferably in a place with fresh air) for at least 30 minutes-an hour each day, it's an enjoyable, natural exercise, there's no need for anything else, id recommend doing it while it's still sunny out too, sun gives you vitamin D.

Note: starving yourself on this type of diet is NOT a good idea, you'll eat way too little calories, if you eat in a healthy manner you'll be fine though and you'll feel great.

Under 100lbs isnt gonna happen, Im 5ft 8 in and I went from 115lbs to 108lbs, which is the lowest I or anyone our size can go down to, the lowest is probably 105 but eat lots of lean meats, fruits and veggies for energy to perform cardio

Source(s): I have a six pack

You deserve more than to be starving, then overworking yourself.

I am sure you are beautiful but you are just not seeing it in the mirror.

Please get medical help because if you don't eat you will deprive your body of the nutrition it needs. And you deserve to be happy and not obsessed with your image.

I truly hope you become healthy and happy soon.

If you lose any more weight you might die. I suggest seeing a therapist, or even just a school counselor.

I'm 16, 5.6 and 160 pounds and I am GORGEOUS. You don't have to look like a modle to be pretty. (The pictures you see in magazines are photogenically enhanced anyways, no one can look like that)

Source(s): Me, and my past experiences with eating disorders

First of all...its very dangerous for someone your age to be taking diet pills if not prescribed by a doctor.

Anyways, you NEED to see a doctor and/or a psychiatrist.

Source(s): common sense

ur not supposed to weigh 100 at 5'8!! ur gunna kill urself

dnt do at to ur body

and ppl dnt likereally skinny ppl datz sad ur fine the way u r right now y cnt u just be happy with that no one is perfect

try confinding in someone that you can trust, also dont deny yourself any of your cravings ie if you want a tuna sandwich, go and eat one but make it a healthy one so at least you have satisfied your food craving but dont have to suffer with guilt afterwards

id seek out a rehabilitation center just to be sure you have control over yourself, you sound like you could use it. good luck,