Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Why are Canadians so polite and nice?

Take this question however you want to take it. If you think I'm being sincere or silly, it's for the reader to decide.

But Canadians were rated the most polite country on earth in a narrow lead over Australia and Greece and Italy and the UK.

Why are Canadians such nice people despite sharing a continent with such meanies to the South who want to invade all these countries and stir up controversy everywhere.

How do Canadians maintain their niceness?

Is it the preservation of nature and the trees and the outdoors? Or are Canadians not nice and everyone else is just mean and I'm just seeing the contrast,

like when you turn off the lights in a theatre, the movie screen isn't REALLY brighter, it just looks that way.

what is it

• Zombie
    Favorite Answer

It`s part of are culture,When your nice and polite people tend to be nice and polite back.Not all Canadians are like that ,but there`s just enough to keep it in motion.When people are rude they tend to get a rude response.So i hope we will always have enough nice people to keep spreading it around.It`s just like a smile or a yawn, it`s contagious

• Robin4 years agoReport

They are a Child of God and followers of Jesus.
      John 13:34-35 New International Version (NIV)

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

MGP and Hannah ... Among other things people like you are why America has a bad name at the moment, and that's a shame because most of the Americans I meet are just as nice as us Canadians. I think its time to get rid of the massive superiority complex you have over every other country, especially Canada. Our culture is nearly identical and were by far the two closest countries in the world in terms of relations in part shown by the fact we have the largest undefended border in the world. The thing that pisses me off the most about people like you is that you think Canada only continues to survive because the mighty America allows it to and if you wanted Canada you could just come in and take it. Ignorance to other cultures and Countries is exactly why you aren't on this list. One American on here asked dead seriously when Canada was going to finally get an army so America didn't have to protect it anymore, Canada was fighting in WW1 before you were and we were fighting in WW2 before you were, we were even in Afghanistan with you fighting a war we had nothing to do with that Afghanistan didn't even start. And by the way, contrary to popular American belief, America didn't single handedly win WW2. We need to band together and worry about the ******* Russians, the Chinese and the North Koreans not each other.

• Eric5 years agoReport

because england was in a GREAT position to stop nazi germany, right?

because we are awesome

very accepting of other cultures and religions

very open-minded (like.. seriously)

and we just don't cause any trouble! :)

• Genji5 years agoReport

Don't be the hateful like the americans

I was born and raised in Canada. Being polite and nice is socially expected and encouraged. Of course, not everyone in Canada is polite and nice (this has to do with each individual's upbringing, personality, etc), but thankfully most Canadians are (in my opinion). There exists a stereotype, that Canadians are "too nice," this has something to do with the fact that we say "sorry" a lot here. Saying "sorry" is like the default response to anything negative that happens, and it is basically a widespread social habit.

Keep in mind that the population in Canada is highly diverse, and we have a huge immigrant population. I am bringing this up because people from foreign countries were raised in a different society with unique cultural norms, thus they are not products of the Canadian social environment. Thus, what I have said above may not apply to them. The longer a foreign individual has been in Canada the more of our social standards they adapt. (This applies to any country, we all assimilate to the culture there in order to be accepted).

Well, I'm from Iraq.. very soon we gonna emigrate to Canada/Saskatchewan(because of the war). and I chat a lot with people around the world, let me say it this way: Canadians are very friendly and polite...now you are wondering why? well I have talked to many people around the world.. last night I was chatting with an Italian, after I told him I'm from Iraq he said: ******* terrorists, diiieeeee . well i got really sad(because we're not like those terrorists, we are the ones being attacked by those saudia arabians A$$holes).. the same happened with a guy from spain, but with Canadians i didn't have any similar problems, they where welcoming and friendly to me.

anyway i believe that bad and good guys can be found anywhere :-) .

Try living in our climate and not cooperating with each other. As for "nice", I've spent most of the past 20 years teaching in northern Canada, with a couple years off working oilpatch. Canadians can be as rude as anyone on the planet.

• rowan

Canada Nice

It's a positive rep we've made. Other than the us where everyone ******* hates them we show respect and we get it. Not everyone's nice and I know if you step on the wrong toes you will end up 6 feet under within the fucmin hour

I'm Canadian and I'm quite nice but it has nothing to do with being Canadian it's just how I was raised. Many people where I live were raised to be kind cause if we act like b!tches we'd get our a$$ beat by our mamas! Not all are polite though; and I speak from experience. Really it's a huge sterotype and not to sound rude but American usually just think we're being nice when really most of us learned how to insult you in a way that you don't realize we're being a$sholes lol... Basically much like anywhere else it depends on how we were raised and our personalities regardless of nationality. P/s: our nature sucks just to let you know. It's not majestical.

Canadian are polite in every Provence and territory . In P.E.I very patient they stop for green light as treat it as a stop sign and Ontario in some area are nice , polite and patient . Nova Scotia , Vancouver and Newfoundland and Labrador and new Brunswick , and Alberta all polite . Quebec and Manitoba will be hard if you were raise in these Provence . I live in the suburbs Halton region in Ontario.

Source(s): All places in Ontario are very polite but remember Quebec is French and new BRUSWICK is mostly English with some French .

Basically when you're nice to someone the persons going to be nice to you too.. Its just common sense when someone smiles you'll smile back just because its a reflex. Its literally the same but on a larger level and that is what I think keep the friendly vibe alive in this quiet yet amazing country :)