S-bahn train from Frankfurt main airport to Hbf main station?

I am a little confused with the name of the train stop from the airport... so I can't figure out the times for the bus.

Which one is it? I would like to go to the main train station.

Thursday May 21. 11:30 am.

Thanks!

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=2...

I

Update:

I know Hbf is the main station... but I want to know the name of the stop/station at the main airport. I don't know which one to choose.

Thanks!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The name of the stop at the airport is ''Frankfurt Flughafen''.

Or if you look for the train station at the airport it is ''Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof'' the second version is in case you take a train directly at Frankfurt Airport to some other city in Germany usually.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

S Bahn Frankfurt Airport

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Frankfurt is a dynamic and international economic and deal good city with imposing skyline in Germany and is one of the areas that you might want to see, at least one time and that place hotelbye can help you. Frankfurt is really a city in the center of Germany and Europe and is a town that can provide many facets and contrasting variety. In the heart of Frankfurt's Old Town you may find a place effectively worthwhile, the Römerberg.The Römerberg is definitely an irregularly shaped square with the Justice Fountain at its center. Not just is it Frankfurt's most picturesque public square, it's the city's busiest pedestrian zone, house to varied tourist attractions from its many Kulturschirn (a kind of open-fronted store once common throughout the old town) to the Römer, a sophisticated of 11 charming previous buildings from the 15th to 18th generations including the Old Town Hall with its Imperial Hall, once the scene of splendid banquets. Other notable houses range from the New Town Hall, the 14th-century Gothic Church of St. Leonhard, and St. Nicholas Church, significant because of its carillon.

• Janet
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

When you check in your luggage, the Airline should put it through till Ireland. But ask for sure when you check your luggage in. In Frankfurt, many people can speak basic English, so you shouldn't worry about it. Especially younger people grew up with basic English from School as well as they are used to it in Frankfurt anyway, as there are many Military families from United States. You also should be able to keep your carry-on luggage on a safe place on the Airport. Ask the Information desk about it as well as you can ask them about transportation's to Downtown. The Airport crew is more than likely able to talk in English.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are two train stations at Frankfurt Airport:

- "Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof", this is the station for long distance traffic, mostly by the ICE highspeed bullet train - you also can use them to go to downtown Frankfurt, but it will be more expensive than the S-Bahn commuter trains.

- "Frankfurt Flughafen Regionalbahnhof", this is the station for regional commuter traffic, from here you can use the S-Bahn or other local trains (called RB or RE) to downtown Frankfurt.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

- "Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbahnhof", this is the station for long distance traffic, mostly by the ICE highspeed bullet train - you also can use them to go to downtown Frankfurt, but it will be more expensive than the S-Bahn commuter trains.

- "Frankfurt Flughafen Regionalbahnhof", this is the station for regional commuter traffic, from here you can use the S-Bahn or other local trains (called RB or RE) to downtown Frankfurt.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Simons explanatioin is right but a little bit weird so far. "Frankfurt Flughafen" - here stops the S-Bahn and regionla trains. "Frankfurt Fernbahnhof" here you can hop on far distance trains. Some of them stop at Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof as well.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with rabit

• 1 decade ago

At the airport, you follow signs to trains, direction city. You are looking for the S-Bahn. The S8 and the S9 (direction Frankfurt or direction city) both go to the Hauptbahnhof (main trainstation). You get the tickets out of the vending machine. Once you're there at the aiprot, it will make more sense. It's really pretty simple. You can also ask at an information desk at the airport if you feel worried or confused. You don't have to have it all figured out before you arrive. (why do you mention times for the bus?) The Sbahns leave very often. I wouldn't try to take the bus into Frankfurt.

Source(s): I live in Frankfurt and use the Sbahn all the time to get to and from the airport.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.