promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How long do I got to wait to ask her to married me?

If you new a girl all your life ( best of friends) and you moved but came back 8 yrs later and you hook up and now love each other. how long do i got to wait before i ask her to married me?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

depends, some people wait 2 weeks and some wait 10 years. make sure you are just caught up in the newness of the relationship. I'd personally give is 8 months to a year.

good luck =)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

That depends on many factors-maturity level, ability to earn a living, progress in education, and so on. But we can say for sure that, statistically, marriages seem to be much more stable when they begin no earlier than the mid-twenties. As a matter of fact, a recent study indicates that the most stable marriages of all have a "starting date" of twenty-eight years of age. In their book, Marriage and the Family, researchers Marcia and Tom Lasswell conclude: "Divorce rates are lowest for men and women who marry for the first time at age 28 or later. The chances for a stable marriage increase as both partners reach the age of 30 and then the rates level off.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on your age. Also, depends on how long you have been back together. People fantisize about past lovers, they romanticize how it really was. The sun was always brighter, the skies were always bluer, and the music was always sweeter.

Wait until you have your first major disagreement, or first crisis situation come up, or your first sickness. Take time to really get to know her now, not 8 years past, and see where she is at, where she is going, and see if that fits for you.

• 1 decade ago

Does she feel the same way as you do? Or are you just guessing? Talk a lot and find out everything about her all over again. Things can change in eight years. So find out all you can and make sure you both are in this for life. best of luck to you and her -wish you both the best

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is primarily you decision because you are the man and all, but I suggest that you toss the idea around with her. Just be very casual about it. You don't want to get down on one knee and profess you love for her and she says No or I will have to think about it. Good Luck.

• I say if you feel its right do it. I dated my wife for nine dates and never knew her before that. We've been together for going on 12 years now.

• 1 decade ago

take her to dinner and ask her what she thinks about marrige depending on her answer ask her then or wait until the time she has explained to you

• 1 decade ago

if you two are really serious about each other then i would say ask her now

• Amy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't think there is a time limit.

If you want to ask, ask.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.