Friend in Hospital, internal bleeding, liver problems, what is wrong?

My friend is in the hospital in critical condition for the past three days. He has a damaged liver and is bleeding internally. They performed an endoscopy and there is no esophageal tear, and they are doing a blood scan today. Here is his brief history He is a 28 yr old white male, He was in the Army and hurt... show more My friend is in the hospital in critical condition for the past three days. He has a damaged liver and is bleeding internally. They performed an endoscopy and there is no esophageal tear, and they are doing a blood scan today. Here is his brief history

He is a 28 yr old white male, He was in the Army and hurt his knee, they were giving him different types of pain pills and they counter-acted each other and damaged his stomach and liver. After he was discharged he has been divorced and battling and alcohol problem and attending regular AA meetings. (my guess is he was drinking again and was not supposed to be). The he was hospitalized he called me earlier in the day and told me his blood pressure was very high and he needed to rest every ten minutes and that he was going home to do so, His mother came home to find him frantic around the house and hallucinating about green paint all over the walls and he was jaundiced, so she immediately brought him to the emergency room. He had severe blood loss and the doctors cannot find where he is bleeding yet, he keeps needing to recieve blood.

I know this is a liver problem, but my question is, whatever it is, can it be fixed?????? He has been my best friend for 15 years and I'm worried sick about him.