Best Canon Video Camera to Purchase?

I'm getting ready to take a 6 month trip to Sweden, and intend to bring a video camera with me. Not a standard camcorder, but a decent "high grade" camera. I was involved in a Video Production class at my high school during my senior year, so I do have some experience with video cameras. My... show more I'm getting ready to take a 6 month trip to Sweden, and intend to bring a video camera with me. Not a standard camcorder, but a decent "high grade" camera. I was involved in a Video Production class at my high school during my senior year, so I do have some experience with video cameras.

My question is directed towards any current Canon users - Which video cameras do you use, and why? High quality sound is a must for me, but I am prepared to buy mics and other equipment if necessary.

I'd prefer to buy a Canon product for under 800. Again, I'm not looking at professional cameras, but I definitely do NOT want a camcorder that one would use for home videos.
Update: I'm looking at the Canon VIXIA HF 200 at the moment, priced at $635. Anyone have any experience with these? The only downside I've heard of thus far is the lack of internal memory.