Is surgeon held responsible to inform patient of all options available for prostate removal?

My surgeon did not inform me of the latest technologically advanced procedures of prostate removal. Had he done so I would have elected to go with a much less invasive robotic procedure rather than the radical procedure he performed which left me incontinent and impotent. I feel he should have informed me of all... show more My surgeon did not inform me of the latest technologically advanced procedures of prostate removal. Had he done so I would have elected to go with a much less invasive robotic procedure rather than the radical procedure he performed which left me incontinent and impotent. I feel he should have informed me of all options available to me even though he was not able to perform them which meant I would likely go elsewhere to seek treatment and he would lose my business.