I have NO DRIVE. I have NO MOTIVATION.?

I simply have no drive or motivation. I can need to do something and scream at myself in my head to do it but I just don't. And it's drastically affecting my life in almost every way. College and all. I've been searching for a long time for something to motivate me. ANYTHING. The things that do... show more I simply have no drive or motivation. I can need to do something and scream at myself in my head to do it but I just don't. And it's drastically affecting my life in almost every way. College and all.

I've been searching for a long time for something to motivate me. ANYTHING. The things that do don't last. I can find something that I like and then soon I'll get sick of it.

Money doesn't motivate me.
Objects don't motivate me enough. I can easily live with almost nothing.
The fear of failure doesn't motivate me. I've lived through it, I can do so again.
The problem isn't that I don't think I can pull stuff off. I can do anything and I'm good at what I do the rare times I do whatever it is.
I do like myself except for the fact that I'm unmotivated.
I wasn't depressed before but freakin' now I am because of my motivation problems.

And it's not like I've tried my hand and doing the work and seeing how good I've felt. Earlier in my life I had more motivation. I succeeded. What did it make me feel? That succeeding was overrated. Seriously all that work to get straight As? Meh. All that work to win a huge prize? Whatever. All that work to truly succeed and be great at that thing? Bleh!

I feel like a giant ball of pure unfulfilled potential lol. But I just don't seem to care. I feel numb almost. Like everything in life is muted.

Nothing can hold my interest. It's physically almost impossible at this point for me to stay awake in class. I have no work ethic. I feel like I can just sit down and do nothing all my life. Heck, that's basically what I'm doing right now.

I just CANNOT find something to keep me going. I've tried that whole "you've gotta do it yourself" approach and many of the tips people give for motivational problems but nothing has worked. I just fall back again. And honsetly the "JUST DO IT" approach is bull.

ARG!

Seriously at this point there's no denying that I'm some kind of slacker/moocher. I do not like that! I hate how I can't find anything to keep me going! At this point I'm feeling stupidly hopeless! NOTHING can get me going.
Update: "Sometimes, that happens to many people. You just need to create some kind of source for motivation. You need to take some responsibility. For example, try to get a girlfriend if you do not have one. Or work for a charity and try to help people in need. You will feel that people need you and that will create... show more "Sometimes, that happens to many people. You just need to create some kind of source for motivation. You need to take some responsibility.
For example, try to get a girlfriend if you do not have one. Or work for a charity and try to help people in need. You will feel that people need you and that will create motivation."

You know, I don't think you understand the extend of my lack of motivation lol. I'm not motivated enough to currently get a girlfriend. I'm not motivated enough to help people. I sit in my house all day long except when I go to school if I go to school.
Update 2: """Give to people. Learn ways to help the most people in the best possible manner. Feed people, clothe people, visit people who are sick and locked in jail. Meet people when working in charities and build relationships with people who give as a life pursuit. That's the only way you can ever be... show more """Give to people. Learn ways to help the most people in the best possible manner. Feed people, clothe people, visit people who are sick and locked in jail. Meet people when working in charities and build relationships with people who give as a life pursuit. That's the only way you can ever be happy, because you figured out the hollowness of the materialistic existence. So, summed up, love people."""

Sounds good but sadly I'm not a people person. Outside of my tight group of friends I just don't give a crap. Heck, every time someone who isn't in my group tries to start some small talk I want to kill myself (not literally). I am not a people person.