If i liked v for vendetta and watchmen, what should i read next?

It doesn't have to be a comic or written by alan moore.

Favorite Answer

Sin City and its many sequels and maybe The Spirit.

I don't really read graphic novels, but I enjoy flipping through them once in a great while. Just go to a book store and peruse the entire section. You'll find all sorts of great stuff, and then you can get them from the library for free :)

My strongest suggestion is a graphic novel, "The Dark Knight Returns." It's the book that got people to start making serious Batman movies again (rather than the more goofy TV show--although I liked the TV show!).

"Soon I will Be Invincible" is a novel (not a comic) with a superhero theme. It's more ironic than Watchmen or Vendetta, but if you're looking to branch out beyond comics but stay in the same general theme you might like it.

"A Wizard of Earthsea" is a fantasy novel about power. In this sense, it picks up the themes of Watchmen (in which the heroes struggle with the moralities of power), but it's very different in setting. It's by Ursula LeGuin, who has written many other wonderful books, so if you liked it you'd be opening up a new vein of good reading. "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card would give you a similar opportunity.

I hope these are helpful and happy reading.

I enjoyed those two because they strayed from the classic superhero theme story lines. I'm not really a comic book reader, but have read a few graphic novels, preferring to go for more realistic themes.

That said, I'd recommend checking out DC's Identity Crisis. It's about Superman, Batman, and all that, but the storyline is very strong and has little to do with superheroes and supervillains, and more to do with what they risk, and who suffers, when they chose to become heroes.

graphic novel of sin city is awesome