Why does youtube take so long to load videos in full screen?

I recently bought a new computer with a 24 inch monitor. Now, when I try to watch youtube videos in full screen, they only load for a 1 second that it takes me to click the full screen option. Once in full screen, it either doesn't load or loads ridiculously slow. If I go back to normal view, it loads quicker, at a normal pace.

What's the deal here? I have cable internet and everything else works great. Is it simply that the I'm trying to load a larger view, almost as if it is a larger file size?

Oh, same problem when trying to watch shows on Hulu or NBC.com. I tried to watch the office in full screen tonight and it just kept stopping every 4 seconds and had to buffer more.

What gives?

Running Vista. 4 gigs RAM.

Favorite Answer

Because your computer is devoting more time to taking the information it is getting, and resizing every chunk of the video so that it is the right size for the screen. That takes a good chunk of memory to do so therefor the sending and receiving of the video gets put on the backburner, causing your computer and youtube/NBC's server to not send as much information between them.

If you dont want to deal with buffering you have to wait for it to load before full-screening. Or get a better video card. Its probably not your internet.

This might not be the best answer for ya, but it happens to me too and it seems that it happens to ALOT of others. Someone once said that it is the sites fault. Possibly too many people connected to one server at a time. Just a rough guess. Maybe we should all confront the webmaster or someone from the youtube staff about the issue.

My sympathies to you and everyone else.

Let me add that there have been multiple times that I have gotten an error screen from the youtube site claiming that they were having some technical difficulties and that you should try back later, so the person that had mentioned to try back later was correct. This sucks, I know, but it is just how some of the sites are. (Unfortunately.)

Source(s): It happens to me too.

update your video hardware drivers. Very often the computer depending on the operating system or the browser has a hard time filling up its buffer if its constantly handling video source data. Kinda like your so focused on a picture that you forget to scroll down and read the caption...

Well bigger screen means a bigger loading time. But I think the root of your problem may be your internet connection itself. Have that checked out. Or it could be your computer as well, could be infected with a virus or worm or trojan.

computer or network may be too slow..

this can help you... Use 'zillatube'

It helps you downloads the videos and view them offline at full screen better, if needed.

You can convert to good quality mpg file format, then play it full screen using windows movie player.

It works very well - to get ZillaTube, click the link below, and select the first search result for download...

http://www.dogpile.com/dogpile/ws/results/Web/zill...

I faced similar problems on my pc with my adobe flash player. I tried a lot to fix this issue and at the end everything started working again after installing (actually updating) the last version of flash player. you can find it for free here http://bit.ly/1p3ORaT

It all depends on how fast YouTube is running. I have encountered this issue before, but I would do some speed tests located here to be sure you are getting what you pay for..

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

The solution to your problem may depend on what version of

"Flash" you have installed.

Play a video in regular mode (not full-screen), then right-click

on the actual video itself. From the dropdown menu, click on

"Settings". If you see 5 square icons on the bottom row, you

might be in luck.

The first 2 icons should both show a computer monitor. Click

on the one that has an "eye" on the bottom of its screen; it's

usually the first icon. You should thus see "Enable hardware

acceleration". If the check-box shows it's "active", click it off

and then click on "Close".

Although my advice may seem to go against the principle of

"Flash", it actually works. Please doublecheck it for yourself

by going to Flash's own website, then look at the 2nd-to-last

FAQ near the very bottom. Here's my "written-out" version of

the full URL reference, followed by its link:

www.macromedia.com / support / documentation / en / flashplayer / help / help01 . html

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en...

Otherwise, you may have a bad version of Flash, most likely

one of the newer ones. It is absolutely crazy that there are 8

(yes "eight") versions:...10.0.525, 10.1.218, 10.2.26, 10.2.54,

10.12.10, 10.12.36, 10.15.3 and 10.22.87. Most updates are

typically good at only one thing: software conflicts. You may

want to consider what the "Asker" wrote in his comments to

this previous "Best Answer" of mine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200811...

I hope that my answer is helpful and what you are looking for.

your computer is probably trying to concentrate on filling your LARGE screen with images instead of loading it properly.

Maybe your video card? Or perhaps your RAM? You did say it was a new computer right?