Does Gary Oldman do better playing good or bad characters?

In the past, he played rather scummy characters, like in The Professional, or Air Force One, but recently it seems like he's been playing more positive characters, in Harry Potter and Batman movies.

Favorite Answer

Reasons why Gary Oldman plays "bad guy" AMAZINGLY.....

Leon: The Professional

True Romance

The 5th Element

Air Force One

Sid and Nancy

I think he does the best work when he doesn't have to be in a loving relationship with women. While he can be very sexual on screen, he is always remote and very icy no matter how "hot" the scene. Case in point I can't really recall any films in which he has had a real "love" relationship, besides "Dracula" and that was doomed chemistry. He is a profoundly gifted actor, and extremely zealous about his craft, but he never seems to be able to realize a relationship on screen. However, his work always has polish and depth and even warmth, as long as there are no real love relationship required other than his love for his work. Good guy or bad guy he is an amazing actor.

Source(s): I am opinionated!

I think he's good on playing bad characters such as Norman Stansfield, Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg, Dracula, and Drexl Spivey.

Source(s): I watched those movies.

a good actor makes their objective audience forget they are keeping a application or bag of popcorn. a good actor lives of their place, they hear and persue objectives and use their physique to create diverse human beings. they have a particular historic previous and particular relationships with all of the numerous characters. Their fellow actors have confidence them as artists and luxuriate in working with them. a foul actor does not hear to their companions, they care extra approximately making a good effect than telling the tale. they attempt no longer uncomplicated to make the objective audience laugh, they attempt no longer uncomplicated to make the objective audience cry. they have not got the expertise to stay in the nature. a foul actor is somebody different actors do no longer have confidence.

Gawd, that man can play anything.

But I like him good better.

He's fantastic. Good guy bad guy dead guy doesn't matter!!! He does them all amazingly!!!

his best acting ever...Mr. Brady in the brady bunch movie