does dane cook really steal jokes?
im watching him tonight, but earlier i read all negative things about him.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
yeah, but that's not the main reason people don't like him. there are two main reasons:
1) a lot of people are enchanted by his voice and timing of his jokes, but a lot of them aren't funny at all by themselves. personally, i think that's part of being a good comedian, but there you go.
2) he's popular. a lot of people (green day haters come to mind) feel the need to dislike something because it's "mainstream." to them, hating dane cook raises them above the crowd.
- AnonymousLv 61 decade ago
I hear this now and then about comedians - Carlos Mencia for example has also been charged with stealing jokes. My guess about Cook is that he doesn't write his own jokes, he hires people to write them, then he performs them. So, his joke writers may have sold the same or similar jokes to other people.
Frankly, I don't find Dane Cook funny. Watch sometime his performance on Saturday Night Live - he starts off with about 10 minutes of his stand-up routine, and there is dead silence. Even the band behind him looks bored.
- 4 years ago
Dude, ALL comedians steal jokes. That's a pretty standard part of that business. There are actually jokes about the fact that comedians steal other comedians' jokes. And THOSE joke often get stolen.
- shaneLv 71 decade ago
Every comedian steals jokes. It's part of the industry. They also come up with new ones but every single one of them has used a joke they heard somewhere else.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
he does i believe but he likes to twist them a lot hes like krusty the clown