What are some good side dishes to have with Quesadillas?

I was thinking maybe Spanish rice, corn bread???

Finger food ideas would be great for more of a relaxed informal dinner.

It's the first meal with my son's girlfriend and I'd like it to be stress free :)

Thank you!!!

Favorite Answer

A lot of people don't know it but the caesar salad was not named after Julius Caesar, but invented by a Mexican guy named caesar. So Caesar salad would be great.

I would also consider a real cheese dip, Steve Bayless (PBS chef) has one with tequila in it that is oohey and gooey and authentic, and would go so well with Quesadillas you might get arrested.

Vanilla bean ice cream with raspberries in season would make her propose to your son if you're not careful.

• Seahag6 years agoReport

It's Rick Bayless.......

• jamal

Side Dish For Quesadillas

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Thank you!!!

Source(s): good side dishes quesadillas: https://tr.im/dhPpj

Black bean salsa to put on the quesadillas or chips.

First rinse one can of black beans really well and then add:

Lime or Lemon juice (about 1/4 cup)

chopped tomato

chopped onion(red or green onions are good)

thawed frozen corn (1/2 cup or 1 cup)

Some kind of pepper canned green chilis are good or a fresh chili pepper chopped really fine (canned green chilis are not hot so they might be best)

I really like to add chopped fresh cilantro but the store doesn't always have it. It is okay to leave it out.

Chopped bell pepper is good but not a must have

A chicken dip would work out great with a quesadilla! to go along with your dip you should probably get some chips! :) To make the chicken dip all you will need is some chicken of your choice, cheese, cream cheese, and some hot sauce! (I use red hot). Shred the chicken place it in a dish, then add your cream cheese and some of you re regular cheese mix until well combined.then add red hot and stir in as well. Either microwave it or Place it in the oven with cheese on top. Wait for it to semi cool, and then enjoy!

• JennyP

I'd pass on the traditional cornbread, but might consider a corn spoonbread with salsa. Other sides might include:

1. Chopped salad with a spicy chipotle ranch dressing

2. Watermelon and jicama salad with honey, chili powder and lime juice.

3. Black beans with salsa fresca and sour cream

4. Chips and salsa

5. Margarita Popcicles (dip Dreyers Lime Pops in Tequilla, freeze, re-dip, freeze, sprinkle with kosher salt)

• Kallis

A nice salad..green or fruit...would be nice, too. Many people love refried beans with their rice. Personally, I wouldn't use cornbread, because you already have a bread item (totillas) in the quesadillas.

• Janet

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avqTz

I would reccomend maybe a style of Corn-Bread or a style of some spicy salsa with good tortilla chips. YUM!!!

Fruits have sugar, it's natural, but some fruits can even be bad for you. Veggies are a lot healthier, particularly the green ones.

Fruits are sweeter and take less effort to organize, generally, so I tend to eat more fruits. Unless our company is talking caned, but still, you usually heat up the veggies, so another vote for fruit.