My heart rate is 40 beats per minute, does this mean i am in good shape?

I run 3 times a week about 5 miles, i work out a lot. So there's nothing wrong with it??

Favorite Answer

Depends, if you're athletic and work out a lot sure

If you're sedentary and don't work out, overweight, or a poor eater, this is an indicator of something that needs to be checked out, as it's not normal for a non-athletic person to have a heart rate below 60

Source(s): Med Student
  • nodar

Heart Rate Below 40

40 Beats Per Minute

If you do not Feel any discomfort,you are in good shape.

Healthy young adults, men and women being physically active and athletes who often have heart rates of less than 60 beats a minute can be normal. Heart rate varies significantly between individuals based on fitness, age and genetics.

WHO TOLD U THAT UR heart rate is 40 .............for sure that is not true ..........man who run 5 miles have normal heart and so that the normal heart rate is 70 per Minute

Mine is 46 - 40 unless I am running

I was told that INACTIVE it can be from 40 to 80

I just had my heartbeat monitored and it said it was 40 bpm. My doctor told me to go see my heart doctor. She said it was too low unless I was athletic..

you are calculating it all wrong, who told you your hearbeat is 40?

only Indian sages, and monks have that kind of control on their body, and you are neither of them.

you should get a new heart rate monitor.