Writing on the Walls by Underoath: What do you think of my interpretation of the meaning of the song?

Ok I am going to give my own interpretation of this song and I think I am pretty close to being right I KNOW there is a lot about religion and God but not every single detail is, well here goes "Maybe we, why don't we sit right here for half an hour. We'll speak of what a waste I am and how we... show more Ok I am going to give my own interpretation of this song and I think I am pretty close to being right I KNOW there is a lot about religion and God but not every single detail is, well here goes

"Maybe we, why don't we sit right here for half an hour.
We'll speak of what a waste I am and how we missed your beat again."

I think he is talking to God in prayer while feeling guilty because he knows he makes mistakes and isn't living up to what God's plans and expectations of him are there for he feels like he is somewhat of a waste.

"I swear we need to find some comfort in this run down place
To bridge the gap of this conscious state that we live in.
I'm short on time."

The 'run down place' must be the earth in general due to it's numerous atrocities and imperfections. The gap I believe he is referring it is our flesh that separates our spirit from God. Our conscious state only comprehends fractions of what our subconscious does. By short on time he may be referring to the fact that knows he will die some day and he only has a certain amount of time to get his life in order.

"How come you try and fit the shape of what they tell you
But mostly what they show you.
That brings us home
I pray for you to move on."

He is asking those who live to much for the world why they try to follow the ways of other so much rather than following God or even just themselves. I think home may be referring to heaven and how to get there. And he is praying for others to move on from there destructive ways and find a better way to live.

"At this rate we can't keep up but I sure can't just sit still.
I'm taking back all the things I said.
Keep me filled in, I swear I'll come."

I believe he is referring to how we are not progressing rapidly enough in our faith to make it where we need to be with God but he is making a conscious effort to change as in just not sitting still. He may be taking back things he said about numerous things but I think they might be things that were disrespectful to God, hypocritical or anything else that goes again how a true Christian should represent himself. Then he is asking God to help him maybe as being filled with the holy spirit(keep me filled in) and he swears he will continue to follow God with his help.

"We will walk alone, back home."

This part is obvious. At many times in this life we are alone sometimes we have to do thinks all by ourselves especially when we don't ask God for help. Back home is most likely referring dieing and going back to heaven(many believe we came from there before we were born). For the most part we are all born alone and we all die alone(except for rare circumstances).

"You're almost gone and I'm ok to give you time to be afraid
I still see your shadow but never your face again
I remember your presence."

He could be himself or a friend who he feels is drifting apart from God. If he is talking to God than he feels like he only sees a trace of God in his life but not enough to see his "face". If he is talking to a friend then maybe this person when from a good friend to only acquaintance. Then he could either remember God's presence or his friend's presence.

"I hope to God you came down.
I hope to God you can feel this now."

Again this, I think could have two different meanings. I think it could either mean he hopes Jesus returns(as in the rapture or just closer to him in his life). Or it could mean he hopes a friend lets go of his pride or maybe even drug use(as in coming down from a high). Then he hopes either God can feel his yearning to be closer to him or he hopes that his friend can feel his prayers in their life.

"I know there must be some way out of here and all of them will be waiting here."

Lyrically this is my favorite part and kinda gives me goosebumps. I am almost positive he means that there has to be a way out of this world as in death can't be the end. And all the love ones that he has lost along the way will be waiting for him in heaven.

So anyways tell me what you think. If this song is written from religious point of view then I am pretty sure I am extremely close the the intended meaning.
Update: Thank you omgTWILIGHT!*alice rocks* I've had a depressing day I need a complitment.