How can the people that pick on Palin's gaffes possibly support Joe Biden?

Telling Chuck Graham to "Stand up Chuck, let them see you." (the gut is wheelchair bound) During a conversation with an Indian-American political activist, Biden said, "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin'... show more Telling Chuck Graham to "Stand up Chuck, let them see you." (the gut is wheelchair bound)

During a conversation with an Indian-American political activist, Biden said, "In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking."

http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2008/1...

His newest one is disclosing the secret location of the bunker that Cheney hid in during 9/11 at the Gridiron club.

Where is the consistancy?
Update: I meant (the guy is in a wheelchair).
Update 2: I didn't think Palin was ready for VP. I was not a supporter of hers, but I do respect her. Biden is getting a free ride form the press with these things. I'm ebarassed for him. I never said he wasn't qualified for VP. I don't agree with his politics but he is more qualified than our current... show more I didn't think Palin was ready for VP. I was not a supporter of hers, but I do respect her. Biden is getting a free ride form the press with these things. I'm ebarassed for him. I never said he wasn't qualified for VP. I don't agree with his politics but he is more qualified than our current President. I think he is probably very book smart but an absolute airhead socially.
Update 3: Dan C- Fair enough.
Update 4: Not liking Palin for her political ideologies, I can understand. But so many people, in my experience, that have made fun of everything that comes out of her mouth, love Joe Biden. Ken I almost picked you for best answer, then I read your second sentence. Whay is Palin a moron, but Biden only sometimes goes too far... show more Not liking Palin for her political ideologies, I can understand. But so many people, in my experience, that have made fun of everything that comes out of her mouth, love Joe Biden. Ken I almost picked you for best answer, then I read your second sentence. Whay is Palin a moron, but Biden only sometimes goes too far and embarasses the country?