Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

A upper middle class boy and lower middle class girl?

A upper middle class boy and lower middle class girl, from 2 different casts, in their mid 20s, who love each other a lot.

Should they get married? In India, getting married is not just 2 individual, but 2 families are bound together. Even though the families are not objecting the marriage too heavily, they are not in favor of it either. We should listen to our elders, as they have more experience and they have seen more world than us.

But what are your thoughts?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"age is just a number"

So's a prison sentence, and that's not the point of his question, pedo.

Normally I'd say something like "love conquers all", or "if it's meant to be it shall be", or any other countless, meaningless cliche's regarding someone's love life I truly couldn't give less than a crap about. But this is about love in a part of the world where marriages are nothing more than business deals... the way marriage outta be. And some of the folks here saying to just go with it, probably don't know that just eloping.. will get them KILLED.

From what I read about how some families over there treat marriages, honor killings, and all that other jazz I say this: unless both families are okay with the two being together or they're willing to move to a part of the world where people generally don't give a crap about who you're married/hooked-up with, then don't do it. I just read an article about people splashing girls with cups of acid for the sake of maintaining a family's honor, and how apparently it's a big thing in your neck of the woods (assuming you're from India). That's pretty ******* crazy, if you ask me.

For her sake, and for the guy's sake because I'm pretty sure they still make elephants crush heads over there, relocate. We'll be more than happy to have them here in America. Sure we have ignorant rednecks who might think they're Arabs, and the state of Texas wants to break away, but we don't really give a damn about either of the mentioned groups.

Good luck, you love-sickened kids.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Upper-Class: Rosaline Eugenia Colleen Darcy Dorian Phineas Archibald Sylvester Barnaby Middle-Class: Bria Millicent Willa Norah Elizabeth Albert Quincy Leonard Lower-Class: Rue Gertrude Norman

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In india the cast system isn't relevant to who you marry anymore.

Its only based on what your morals and values are.

Even though your family is your family don't always listen to them because its your decision and your life.

• 1 decade ago

if you love each other then i suggest you to marry,and also just keep in mind you should have regular source of income i mean to say job or business,otherwise without money also love life is miserable.initially you will like it then you will start fighting

Good day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Simple, If you both really love each other then the courage to marry or challenge society will automatically come. If its only for time pass then both of you will give up.

• 1 decade ago

With all due respect to your countries traditions and class system - Do what you two want to do. As far as I am concerned the class system is as outrageous as bigotry.

In the eyes of whatever God you worship all people are created equal.

Take your bride and be happy.

• 1 decade ago

This is hard, well you are going to have to choose either listen to your family or listen to your heart.

Good luck

• 1 decade ago

until the love is there between you two,i don't think there is a eason to not to get married.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

age is just a number

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go ahead with what your heart says!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.