Bruce
Bruce asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Does Shanna Moakler have good reason to take umbrage at Carrie Prejean?

Just one day after learning that Carrie Prejean will keep her Miss California crown, state pageant director Shanna Moakler resigned.

According to a report in Us magazine, the co-pageant director and former Miss USA said it was “in her best interest to resign.”

"I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth," she said. "I want to be a role model for young [women] with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams."

Prejean was named first runner-up at the April 19 pageant, during which she cause a firestorm by responding to a judge's question by saying she favored limiting marriage to a man and a woman.

Sounded convincing--until I read the Wikipedia article on Shanna Moakler.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520081,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanna_Moakler

Favorite Answer

Let's not get it twisted. Shanna Moakler is all about the P word...Publicity. She is a wanna be actress who hasn't acted in years or done anything worthwhile other than getting booted early on Dancing with the Stars. She is criticizing Ms. Prejean and really slamming her unfairly. Shanna hasn't exactly lived a pure life...she gave birth to an out of wedlock child with boxer Oscar De La Hoya who accused her of infidelity while they were engaged and then broke up with her. She has been off again on again with her ex husband Travis Barker and has even engaged in public brawls with Paris Hilton in night clubs. If I'm not mistaken Ms. Moakler was Playmate of the Year in 2002 and showed her breasts and vagina. I don't think she's in any position to throw stones. If Shanna wants to support gay marriage that's fine, but she has no right to attack Ms. Prejean simply because she supports hetero unions.

I am not interested in Moakler's personal life. As the first answer said about her past, they surely are not good and who am I to prejudice her in her present life. Who never can say that he always did good only. Yes as humans we see that person with her background or even her family's but that is not the way we should look at it. I agree with her that she stood strong with the judgement that was made on the

first runner up of the contest and by doing so she is showing that it was unfair to judge her on what she really beleives. When Christ was fronted with the sinning woman

by the rabbis and learned of the jews, His answer was that whoever has no sin throw the first stone and they all went away starting from the old ones.

The most important in life is not yesterday, nor the future but today, as we are today. We do not have any guarantees

for the future. May she is now leading a good life and stand by what she said for her best self and the others too.Christ also told his followers to listen to their teachers but not do what they do.

Not too sure what's her thing against Prejean. Moakler is a 'has been' accdg to the news and absolutely not a good model for our girls; a playmate for the month? She is a pro-gay, possibly well paid?

I am a prolife and anti-gay marriage. I go for Prejean, as Ms California, despite her previous photo-ops. Definitely, as a young woman of faith and conviction is indeed an excellent role model for this generations. That Prejean lost the title due to her anti-gay statement, could be an understatement.