Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Turkey · 1 decade ago

Turkey Section, do you think Madame Hayrünnisa Gül is a threat to secular Turkey?

She (first lady of turkey) and her daughter where the Islamic head scarf, also many websites including wikipedia mentioned that she's very fluent in the Arabic language.

Is this a hint that the new folks are converting turkey (secretly and slowly) to it's backward "Islamic Sharia" laws?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Bix
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No and I think she's hotter than Penelope Cruz...

I hope this answer was helpful for you on your quest for the truth.

Felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.

Virgil

Edit:

OK, let me be serious again.

The "danger" doesn't come from Hayrünnisa Gül but from the people electing AKP in office and their opinion leaders responsible for such a mentality and the other opinion leaders who failed tremendously that the change of mentality became possible.

Hayrünnisa Gül is just a woman married to a man who happens to be the president of Turkey.

Edit: I agree with Vatandas by the way... The problem is not the Americans or/and the Europeans Sou and Mervin. They just want a true and stable democracy in Turkey without the influence of the Army. It has always been the Army which prevented the country from development on a political, social and economical level.

Actually, the current development is also a consequence of the constant intervention by the Army in state affairs. The Army is responsible for the antiliberal mentality in Turkey and the expectation of many Turkish citizens for a leadership who tells them what's right and what's wrong.

Edit @Sou:

People are not capable because of the Army. That's actually the problem. If your parents interfere constantly into your decisions and decide for you you don't grow up. One day, they have to let you go and you'll learn from your own mistakes and you'll be responsible for the consequences. The same for the people of Turkey. If the Army interferes constantly a society can't progress. Do you really think that I'm satisfied with the current development? Bleda is right on this point.

• Cihan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Completely do agree with Kayser and additionally americans supported AKP ( the current government ) for their Great Middle East project. They needed another Islamic or as their funny description Moderate Islamic Ally was what they needed against Iran and Border Patrol for their invasion in Iraq. They supported in any issue including insistences via IMF on the former government. They speculated stock market, first overloaded then emptied it for causing crisis. And they did it for the second time in our history so easily and so sadly. Even in Ottoman Empire even Sultan's was secular they had power over politics, Turkish people never been so religious , but being affected by arab wannabes.

They were being organized since 60s by their religious orders. They just grown up economically , and people thought they would fix economy ( They showed off like fixing too ). Only reason for all those votes to a religious party. But people will be sober for the next elections, im curious what will US saddle us with which problem next...

@ not about topic but do people from here meet somewhere ? in chat room etc ?

@ bix this is what i didnt expect to hear from you. military in 60s 70s maybe fits the definiton you claimed. But since Military gave up defending ( Hilmi Dizçök affect ), talking about separated turkey ( just a few weeks ago a member of the Grand National Assembly was barking in Diyarbakır about Kurdistan borders being drawn with the last elections )

talking about non secular turkey became free. Is this something called democracy ?

Blaming military... Well lets blame anything dominant but im against democracy where people are not capable to follow which they think but following their bosses , landlords and parents. im done about this topic.

• 1 decade ago

No i dont think she is serious problem for turkey alone. She is not a treath but there re treath. I trust turkey to overcome the issue.

There is treat in the world of their interpreating of Islam. They want to prohibit people want to force women to be second class. It is not only in turkey it gives me implication that it is wider in Europea.

Unfortunately there is no left movement to criticize them all around the world. Rights parties only make the problem deeper and deeper.

Also i cant imagine sharia law in turkey. There is deep infrasutructure based on romanized law in turkey. How can they change the system totally and create another infrasutructure based on stupid Sharia law?

Even in Ottoman time there were anti sharia laws. Magnificent Suleyman was the first one who make law out of Sharia law. thats why he is called Kanuni (law maker in old saray turkish)

It took 300 year to have romanized law in turkey! They ll have effect and create conflict as they do! .

Let them be free to express themshelf their natural right but In turkey things are not so easy! We re aware.

Can you make ınterest haram? after all investment and infrasutructural efforts. Plus there were stock market even in Ottoman history which is called to be sharia that we were rooted.

@ I totally agree with you Bleda.

@ Bix you described the stuation very well. May be we need a target to practice our democracy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I finally got your point, you have a small confusion

the guy (ot the gay) you talk about is actually fethullah gülen

(his largely known name is fetoş, reknown as OĞLANCI fetoş)

he is gay (never married and always talk in tears like a sissy) and always preaches about jihad against the unfaithful. and he's the supporter of the ruling akp party in Turkey (many party members are his followers actually)

the user yasin y here is a follower of fetoş

you can ask him and he'll confirm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

She has no power at all and any way at first site of sharia the Turkish military will do something.So no not really it is symbolic showing how we elected a man which obviously thinks that men look at here 50 something ugly wife now if she had married adriana lima it would be different:D.

@Keyser:Yes but is it not her right to dres how she likes (even do I do not support it jsut looking for a debate)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I disagree Mervin i see it differently.I see such people as Islamically motivated.

Turkish Constitution states a secular ,democratic, republic that derives its sovereignty from the people.

Secular society-connoting the absence of religious involvement in government affairs.

'The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers..." -Recep Tayyip Erdoğan

'Democracy is like a train. We get on it, and once we reach our destination, we will get off" -Recep Tayyip Erdoğan

In other words 'believe our promises,but once we have our position,your view is no longer required'

Of course such people are a threat to the secular ideal.

@Addition@

The question was, is this woman a threat to a secular ideal.Being secular means that people in government should not allow religious infulence to be involved in thier work,correct?

This woman is the wife of the President of a secular country,and in her sensitive position she chooses to obey the Islamic religion before secular ideals.She chooses to use her position to travel around the world,meeting others and being on television.

The first thing peopel notice about her,will be the Islamic headscarf.

Yes...it looks bad for Turkey.

• 1 decade ago

No it is not.

I think fundementalist Islamists are a chance for Turkey. This is the only chance for people of Turkey to understand why "SHARIAH" is dangerous for world. This is a chance for them to understand why "LAICISM" is cool.

"Hayrünnisa Gül is just a woman married to a man who happens to be the president of Turkey."

I agree with this sentence.

• 1 decade ago

no, turkey is oppressing us from our religion, erdogan is trying to make equality betwwen us and those kafir secularists who call themselves muslims

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.