Max asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Looking to lose weight this summer?

I'm not looking to get skinny fast here. I just want to know what the best way to get in shape this summer is. i have about 40 or 50 pounds to lose before I've reached my goal, and expecting to lose that all in one summer is unrealistic... but there's this guy I really like, and I just want to be able to approach him with more confidence by next school year :P

I plan to go to the YMCA about 5-6 times a week (as long as my mom's willing to drive me) and hop on the elliptical for around 30-45 minutes a day. If I eat healthy and do this all summer, how much do you think i should expect to lose?

What could I do to lose more? Thanks for even reading this! :D

Favorite Answer

Everybody is different in terms of how quickly they lose weight.

Don't expect the weight to just fall off - because an 'easy' weight loss, tends to be hard to maintain...

Some tips I can think of, off the top of my head...

*Eat foods that will keep you feeling 'fuller' for longer (low GI foods)

*Switch from white bread to brown bread

*Never skip meals (breakfast especially)

*Try and avoid oily and fatty foods

*Beware of 'hidden' fats, e.g packet noodles, creamy pastas

*Plan meals well, so that you don't switch to 'easy', fatty foods.

*Always keep some cut up carrots, celery etc in the fridge for those moments when you are hungry

*Try and avoid cakes, chocolates, chips, etc - but reward yourself (in moderation) every so often, so you aren't deprived and don't go bingeing on everything the moment you feel depressed

*Consider your food options when at a restaurant - Salads such as Caesar salads (with fatty, creamy dressings, bacon and cheese) often have more fat than a hamburger. Risotto's and cream based pastas are often also full of fat. Look at things that are grilled or stir fried

*Consider portion sizes, everything in moderation

*Consider hopping on the treadmill, exercise bike, weight lifting, etc whilst watching your favourite TV shows

Do your research - recipes, health magazines, health books, internet - there's so much information out there that is so helpful.

Google search for 'weight loss tips' - there are so many it will blow your mind, e.g.

http://chris.pirillo.com/50-weight-loss-tips/

http://www.healthcastle.com/easy-weightloss.shtml

I have lost 40 lbs. in 3 months and I know this will work. Eat small healthy meals every 2-3 hours, eat your last meal 2-3 hours before you go to sleep. Do not starve yourself or your body will go into survival mode where anything you eat will be turned into FAT. This will help you a lot but if you want more results you can exercise 4-5 days a week, include weight training and especially cardio (walking especially running). If you set your mind to lose the weight you will lose it and when you start seeing how good you look you'll want to keep going.

Good Luck

Probably 30 lbs if you go 4 times per week. I'm gonna walk outside for 30 minutes a day for 4-5 days per week myself to drop 25 by labor day! I've already lost 7 lbs in 6 weeks. Wish me luck. And good luck to you!

Make sure you're losing the weight for yourself. The guy won't care either way if he likes you. :-) I've been fat and I've been thin and either way I've either gotten the guy or not because he likes me, not because of the pounds. Being thin just made more guys look, but usually not the good guys. ;-)

im a personal trainer listen to these steps simple and very effective. CARDIO, HEALTHY DIET, WEIGHT TRAINING, CHANGE OF LIFESTYLE(eating fruits or veges instead of burgers, getting water instead of pops) AVOID ANY SUGAR AT ALL COST AND AVOID FATS AND CUT DOWN ON CARBS (BREAD, RICE, PASTA, ETC) but you can generally have whole grain bread or even rice or pasta if you worked hard enough.

skipping meals will make you more hungry so avoid skip meals

going to the ymca 6x a week and swimming for at least an hour and doing situps and jogging in the morning and night and eating under 1400 calories will do wonders for you and also you could do jumping jacks,dancing to cds and next school year you could get involved in a sport like basketball and softball!!!!

if you re trying to lose weight with your significant other pack each others lunches the lunchbox surprises will keep the both of you motivated

go on morning runs for abotu 45 mins to an hour and then eat a healthy breakfast excersise for abotu 30 mins to an hour and watch how you eat!!!

Source(s): or you can go to any of your local gyms well that is if you are 18 or older

set your computer alarm to ring hourly stand up for 1 to 5 minutes each time it goes off

find the perfect teeny weeny polka dot bikini try on 16 suits one every 3 minutes