Looking to lose weight this summer?

I'm not looking to get skinny fast here. I just want to know what the best way to get in shape this summer is. i have about 40 or 50 pounds to lose before I've reached my goal, and expecting to lose that all in one summer is unrealistic... but there's this guy I really like, and I just want to be able... show more I'm not looking to get skinny fast here. I just want to know what the best way to get in shape this summer is. i have about 40 or 50 pounds to lose before I've reached my goal, and expecting to lose that all in one summer is unrealistic... but there's this guy I really like, and I just want to be able to approach him with more confidence by next school year :P
I plan to go to the YMCA about 5-6 times a week (as long as my mom's willing to drive me) and hop on the elliptical for around 30-45 minutes a day. If I eat healthy and do this all summer, how much do you think i should expect to lose?
What could I do to lose more? Thanks for even reading this! :D