Darst asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

any no bake oatmeal cookie recipies?

i read one in a hilight for children's magazine when i was in a waiting room, so i tried it. it turned out great, but the thing is that i can't find in now... i remember there being honey in it, but that's about it...any clue as to what that recipe was? pleease?

= ]

Update:

honey would be nice in the recipes, and no boiling or anything like that.... thanks guys

= ]

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lynda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No honey in this recipe but I copied the following recipe into my files awhile back but now notice an omission. The name of the source of the recipe is missing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No-bake cookies are the absolute best! Apparenlty they originate in Pittsburgh, where my family is from. Anyway, we make them quite a bit, so here is our favorite recipe:

INGREDIENTS

1 cup white sugar

1 cup of brown sugar

1/2 cup milk

1 stick of butter

4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup peanut butter

3 cups quick-cooking oats

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.

Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.

Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper.

Let cool until hardened.

• Login to reply the answers
  • jonas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

perhaps your self some choclate fudge that way it could have extraordinarily much the comparable style by using fact the no bake cookie with out the peanut butter. would attempt including some oatmeal in the fudge until now cooling than got down to relax. would desire to artwork like the cookies do. i could think of.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.