where we get that ocean breeze and since in going to

San Antonio,Loredo,Huston where the ocean is no where to be

found people say its gonna be really really hot and that

i wont last,is that true? i need some guidance lol

are they over reacting or do you think i really

wont be able to handle it?

and i'v been to Arizona driving so if anything

i think i'v already experienced how i would

last if anything wouldn't Arizona be hotter?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Arizona is more arid than the places in Texas where you are going. West Texas is more like Arizona, but San Antonio and Houston are more humid so the heat is worse. You'll survive : )

Houston does get cool ocean breezes once in a while.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

i am not sure if anyone touched on this, but the summer months we tend to see some rainfall which cools things off a bit- In san antonio july can be a WET month. Flash Floods. Yes phoenix is deadly hot LOL i live here now (from SA though) and its already reaching the 100s so phoenix is hotter. I wouldnt say the average temps is 109 in that part of tx, i am not sure where that person got their info- but there are a few weeks in August where it will get over 105, but not long enough for the average to bump up to 109! I would guess about 102 as the average temps in that area...

Sure you can handle anything!

Just drink water! and lots of it!!!! apply tons of Sunblock too!

• honold
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Is Texas Hot

• 1 decade ago

The temps in Arizona are higher but it's a dry heat. In Texas, especially Houston, it's extremely humid because it's close to the Gulf of Mexico. July & August will be between 100 - 106. No breeze.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mysti
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I was born and raised in Corpus Christi down on the southern coast in the Padre Island area. It gets hot, but we had the cool gulf breezes too, so it didn't really feel that hot. San Antonio is very hot and humid, also Dallas. Houston is near the bay, but it's so humid there it feels quite uncomfortable. It's going to be hot pretty much everywhere in Texas, but everyone has air conditioners so it's not a big deal. If you are going to be walking around somewhere like Six Flags or Sea World, etc., just get you one of those gel neck bands that you get wet and place around your neck like a collar. Keeps you nice and cool. Also carry around some bottled water. You'll be fine. It's worth it.

• Petra
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avW5e

Kids get used to if some and the schools have AC. Lots of times ball practice is early morning before the heat. In the summer the kids tend to play outside late in the evening

• 1 decade ago

You will be fine. Just go inside if you get hot or jump in a pool. Early morning is nice most anytime and evenings can be if the wind is blowing. Nobody in his right mind stays outside in the sun for no reason on a 100 plus Texas summer day at high noon.

• 1 decade ago

Texas is hot as hell during the summer, it gets to be over 100 degrees sometimes. Mostly july and August are the worst.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

it is very hot in the summer and i live in texas so yeah

• Andy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It gets hot but I don't think you won't be able to handle it. Everyone gets used to it after a while. And almost every place is air conditioned. Nothing to worry about, and it's only in the summer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.