ashley asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

how bad is my anxiety im only 16 years old?

everyday i fall and cry at different times i cant breath is there hope

Favorite Answer

Well I cannot fully determine the depth of your condition, that is something your doctor or psychiatrist would have to determine. Anxiety varies among people and it all depends on what triggers it for you. Now you say you fall out and cry and cannot breathe, the question is "What makes you do that?" Is it driving is rush hour traffic, is it paying at the cashier, or pumping the gas? Maybe walking down the hallway to school, or going through the lunch line? Anxiety is a feeling of uneasiness which makes your body over respond unnaturally and can be caused randomly. You need to think really hard about what it is that is making you feel so distressed. Once you figure out what they are, you can begin proper counseling to help you learn to adjust to it. Usually if your anxiety is causing you to react like that, you might be experiencing a panic attack. Shaking, lightheaded, feeling like you could die, etc. If you are I really advise you to speak to a therapist so they can recognize your severity and recommend the type of medication you need to help control your symptoms. I personally am 18, 91lbs, and have been on Citalopram (celexa) 40MG daily, and am now on Sertraline (Zoloft) 50MG daily. I take them at night because they drain me. It does put you in a mellow state of tiredness, but you realize you're not as "anxious" as you usually are with somethings. On the other hand, somethings that didn't trigger my anxiety now do, it really just depends on the medication. You doctor will try you on various ones to figure out witch is best for you.

So speak to a therapist or psychiatrist (Warning psychiatrist are pricey and you are limited on the time you have to "express yourself" so going to a therapist or counselor first might be your best option. You have more time with them, and they don't cost as much.) Sometimes health clinics around your area offer free counseling. Or your parents jobs can offer counseling for the entire family for free. I just recommend you speak to a psychiatrist or therapist FIRST because your "Physical" doctor that you go to for the flu, sprained joints, or physicals is only taught how to "physically" help you. Not "Mentally". You need their approval because they can only write your prescription for your medication, yet you need the recommended medication from a therapist, or psychiatrist. Do you get it?

I hope you figure out what it is you need, and everything works out for you! Because Anxiety is serious. It can really destroy a person.

Source(s): I also have Severe Anxiety, Panic attacks, and am medicated.
  • Daniel

Dear Ashley,

You are having panic attacks and this is pretty normal but nonetheless hurtful to you. I would see a counselor and start a journal. You might want to take something for the anxiety until you pass this phase.

On the positive side you have a gift and that is the gift of being a sensitive loving and caring person. Most people who have panic attacks have this gift but do not see it that way.

I would really journal my thoughts like big time and love myself because you are special and a miracle and have a good heart.

Take Care,

Your Assistant

• Paul M

you have bad anxiety. remember life is tough at times, but we all have been through it. i remember having times like this. now i am 38, married and have 2 wonderful kids. life is great. i think back on all the worrying i used to do and wonder why i did it. you will get past this but i wish i could make it easier on you now. unfortuantely i cant, but i want to say dont do anything permanent, just hope for a better day. you will grow from this. i hope i helped.

I'm 16 and suffer from anxiety. You just have to learn to ignore it, like I'm trying so hard to do so I don't wreck the first decent relationship to happen to me in ages...

that was freaking depressing.really like the last three words are hilarious, and how you didnt use periods, like hope for what? for you to survive? talk to a doctor, i think. then there will be hope. haha.

but yeah, councelors can totally help. just try talking to someone.

Tell your parents what's going on and ask them to take you to your family doctor. Your doctor can then determine if you need counseling, medication, or both. Good luck!

Yeah, I'd definitely talk to someone about that. Is there someone you trust? I mean, no one can really help if we don't know what's going on.

I'd like to help you out, but I need more info. You can send me a message if you like.

here's a piece of advice

if i were u, i would turn off the pc and hang out with my friends....this is the only way to deal with ur problem without pills or sth

Ask a doctor for anxiety pills

Your like that Mostley because of the weed turst me I been there and a lil because of the drinking if you stop it will get better I know because I was like you and also my friend he got way better just stop smoking