What places in Israel are dangerous?

What places in Israel are dangerous? I'm going to Israel this summer. I will be in a building looking over the Western Wall.

I know Israel is a dangerous place to be but what parts are the most dangerous.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • dandyl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is a safe and beautiful country, dont worry.I understand your thought and view on the safety of Israel, but remember Israel has the best security in the world. Everybody is surprised by how safe they feel here, especially after watching CNN back home every day. The news services cover Israel more than any other country and generally accentuate the bad news. There was a recent study which came to the conclusion that there's so much news from Israel not just because it's newsworthy, but rather because there are so many reporters here. There are so many reporters here because it's safe, and open (free press) and a very convenient place for reporters to live.

Obviously, there are places not to got to (just like in any other countryincl America), but in the areas most tourists generally visit, they usually feel very safe. I should also add that the number of terrorist incidents has dropped drastically during the last year. Believe me, there's far more danger from the drivers than from terrorists.

After receiving a steady dose of Palestinian terrorism with bloody pictures of Israeli victims through television and newspapers - you have anxiety. BUT please remember, measured by square feet and population, according to FBI statistics - Israel is far safer than most major North American cities!

The anxiety you feel has been provided to you by both the Palestinians and the media. Israel is not in a war - in the conventional sense. No missiles, no scuds, no tanks in the streets. The Palestinian's are using psychological weapons called: "Terror Attacks" - which if used properly spread terror and fear - if we allow it to spread!

The Israeli government and media, in a fair and just attempt to illustrate to the world that Israel is being victimized, must show the blood. And perhaps because the Israeli government is very weak on professional public relations - finding a fair balance between the outgoing signals of being a victim and the fear attached to terror attacks is becoming very difficult.

Dont worry and enjoy your stay.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The places that are most dangerous are the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. NEVER EVER go to the Gaza Strip or even go within 30 km from it. Also avoid going near the Lebanon border. But most of Israel proper is pretty safe if you excercise common sense. If your looking for credible information go to http://www.voyage.gc.ca/countries_pays/report_rapp... most of the people on this website are only going to answer with hateful rhetoric.

• I would have to say the bathrooms. Most accidents happen in the bathroom, the reason being it is a wet, and sometimes extremely slippery place. But, to be clear, and so I am not accused of antisemitism against Jewish bathrooms, I have to add that this is true for every country, not just Israel. Hope this helps, and have a safe holiday.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Compared to where you live, Israel is safe anywhere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

there is an oil refinery in Haifa. That can be dangerous

Train tracks are not safe places either.

• 1 decade ago

all places pretty much. Palestinains will do whatever it takes to get back at the people who have splattered their childrens brains over their house. wouldnt you? you know...noone in isreal would have to worry if the government would just negotiate with the palestinians and be fair in giving them their land back..even that though would just be a small step to how much they owe the palestinians. its so sad..nd the world barely cares cuz theyre all just labled as terrorists.

• april
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Agree with lady Lulu. The bathrooms. Dangerous and often times very dirty.

• 1 decade ago

i wouldn't go to the places surrounding gaza, they sometimes still send bombs over.

it's pretty safe except for that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The people of Sderot might raise their hand.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

none, Israel is safe, nobody can mess with Israel, the IDF leveled gaza when they played with fire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.