Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

The pen is mightier than the sword, Do you think?

the person that came up with that saying knew all he was doing was switching the letter "S" in words?

donesnt swords means tongue in that saying?

Update:

jad that's not the saying look below for saying

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hell naw, sword would tear a brotha up...

A dude might be intelligent with his pen, but not mighty with his pen.

I was just being silly, I agree, it makes sense here is why, when someone says something to you over the phone let's say, you might let that fly by you because you either aren't paying attention or are distracted by what you are gonna say next, but if that person mails you a letter, then you are obligated to read the letter to yourself before rationally giving a reply.

I either hit the nail on the head or I hit my head too many times...

Source(s): I'm so deep
  • 1 decade ago

It's supposed to be, "the pun is mightier than the word."

Seriously, force can only prevail for a short time. Look at Alexander, Caeser, Napolean, Hitler. All of those empires fell in the end.

On the other hand, Socrates, Locke, Jefferson, Paine, Lao Tzu and many other writers are still influential.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the pen is mightier than the sword that is a fact. even if you are mighty with the pen and you get tooken out by a sword your writings will remain around forever for everyone to see. look at all the great mc's.

• Yes, in the Philippine History.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no, the pen will never last, STONE is mightier thant he pen AND sword. if anything is to ever happen to us, all of this is GONE. we should record like the ancients did, so they wont be so stumped in the future as to how we made things and who we were. ..

• 1 decade ago

yea and i think the saying is tru. you might be dope with the words flowin from ur lips but its what you write down that matters. although im always up for the free verse shoot if u can free style then its all good

• 1 decade ago

Look what Karl Marx accomplished with his pen. . .

Look what Hitler accomplished with his "sword"

I'd say Marx was slightly more successful

• 1 decade ago

I am not sure. Ask Biggie, Tupoc and Jam Master Jay.

• The mightiest of all is liquid swords

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.