does anyone else get this [period question]?

for the first few days [3-4] i have a lot of blood coming out. i have to change my pad like, every 2-3 hours. then after that, all i have to wear is one of those 'pantyliner' things [they're thin an not very absorbent] and i only need to change it every 5 or 6 hours. i get it every time! anyone else?

Favorite Answer

Every woman bleeds at different rates during their period. There is no "normal" way to bleed... heave, not heavy, anything.

Me? I'm regular the whole time.. very light, but at the same time my bc controls the bleeding.

yeah! that happens to me. i hate it when theres lots of blood coming and its scary. i am 14 and i am in 8th grade. when i have my period it's heavy for like 3 days and i have to keep on changing my pad like every 3 hours. since i am in school and we only get like 4 min. passing period its really hard for me to change my pad, because i don't want to be late to my next class. so what i do is, in stead of using one pad i use two i know that it sounds weird but i have no other choice.

i hope this helps

That happens to me except it's only heavy for the first 2 days (I only get cramps then too) and then the last 3 days or so very light and no cramps.

That's normal honey! Most women are like that. If you bleed more than 15 days (whether heavy or just stain) see your doctor. Otherwise, it really is normal.

yeah thats way normal to start out heavy then end light. its like the way things go. lol.

yup

don't worry tht is normal