delina_m asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How is it places like Switzerland, Sweden, Canada, France, Denmark, etc, have not realized how wrong it is to?

Have universal health care

Sarcasm.

Gonecrazy: I lived in Canada and Germany and visited the rest of the afore mentioned

Favorite Answer

Because if it's AMERICAN, it MUST be better!

Like the banking system.

Like the mortgage mess.

Like the auto industry.

And, last but not least........ the EDUCATIONAL system?

Fox News is definitely a curse on the American society.

(Keep them stupid, and keep them voting.)

• Mary

Well, I am German and liberal Americans have very little in common with Germans politically. The German people are mostly against illegal immigration and multi-culturalism. We believe in a social net but ours is designed to help those that hit hard times and is not a generational way of life for millions. That is how we maintained it all these years. Almost everyone pays into the system. Germans are for freedom of choice. We feel if someone wants to smoke, so be it. If a restaurant owner wants to allow smokers, so be it. What business is it of the government to tell him to do with his business. If we don't like smoking, we go somewhere else. Germans don't want the government telling us what we can eat or how much of it we can eat. That is our choice. EDIT: You may be against illegal immigration but liberals on a whole aren't...To be fair, conservative have done nothing either. I immigrated here legally and it is a totally ridiculous system I paid thousands and spent years doing it. Others just waltz across the border and are given amnesty. Maybe if everyone had to do it legally, they could bring the cost down because all us immigrants would be paying for the system. I was double vaccinated because the US government wouldn't accept my East German vaccine record. I'd already been in the country for years at that point...That's effective. Furthermore, all the illegals had no health check and then they won't accept my vaccine record.

And dozens of other advanced countries. Almost all are democracies .. so if their citizens are suffering with long waits and poor practitioners, why oh why don't they vote to go back to the American dog-eat-dog system? None ever do go back, you know.

People say that America has the very, very best quality health care in the world. But is there a shred of evidence that this is true? Certainly our population's health sucks, compared to almost everywhere.

Isn't it just jingoism -- like saying "America has the world's best labor force" or "America has the world's most dedicated soldiers"? I mean really, those are just empty words, nothing more.

Don't get me started. Briefly, the answer to your question is, "Because it ain't wrong."

First off, they are small countries, and second off they socialistic ways are bankrupting them. In all actually they are taking a look at there health care and looking to possibly drop it because of the cost. ANd by the way the health care is not better than ours. If you think so, apparently you haven't done the research. Now I am not saying something shouldn't be done to help settle down the costs. But lets face it, its not the governments job to make sure have health care, that is our responsibility. Maybe if Americans lived withing there means instead of buying new cars and going into so much debt then maybe they could afford it. Health care isn't a right!!! If you really want to work on health care, then stop Illegal Immigration.

http://www.newsmax.com/us/healthcare_illegals/2008...

That should cut costs down quit a bit. I say we can reform but we should wait until our economy is out of a recession. The bottom line is we cannot afford government intervention. Especially without the resources and infrastructure. Let common sense prov ail over someone wanting a handout.

gee boys and girls clearly noted as sarcasm

Case I am thinking maybe you're a kid - I have a friend bringing her mom down here tomorrow to see a doctor. She waited over a year, while in awful pain, for a necessary surgery because "at her advanced age (66) it wouldn't make much difference" by the time she got a doctor to agree to help her the problem had gotten so much worse healing was was taking months. I spoke with my dr, he recommended a consultation with a friend of his, thankfully that doctor here belongs to a group of American doctors who do work around the world for patients who are victims of malpractice agreed to see her a month ago they are correcting the mess that was made after the delay on Monday

I just don't know how we could be so wrong when the light of all that is good is just a few miles to the south of us

We too could have people losing homes and living in cars just to save their lives in a hospital operating room

What is wrong with us ?

Sarcasm

The United States is number 1 in medical facilities and is the world standard for the the quality and advancement of treatment. WHY in the name of all that is good would we want to copy systems of health care that have resulted in medical advancements BELOW our own? I truly don't understand. Medical costs are too high. Agreed. But the problem can be addressed through legislation dealing with the mafia like insurance companies without making th egovernment pick up the tab-

which will inevitably cause a decline in the quality of our medical care. Believe me, I know. I have family who works in government clinics. They suck.

Because America is a corporatacy that values profit over the value of human life.

The only Canadians who go to the US for health care are the rich ones who use their money to jump the queue. Because they are just so special.

WOW

alot of bashing responses HARSH and IGNORANT!!! I live in Canada and free health care is great its nice to know no matter what happens you'll be ok and not financially ruined.