Am I the only person who finds the song "Crazy Train" by Ozzy to be overrated?

It has a very pop quality to it. "Crazy, but that's how it goes..." - The guitar part right there bugs me.

It sounds too happy in certain spots.

Favorite Answer

Dude I love the beginning but me and my friends always laughed once the actual song kicks in. It's all bouncy frouncy, let's be friends.

I think that band really found themselves with Diary Of A Madman, shame Randy died before they got to make a third album together.

Live version from "Tribute" is much better. I just think I've heard the song too many times at sports stadiums now. I would agree that it is overrated. The song "Diary of a Madman" is the best Ozzy song ever. "Mr. Crowley" is a close second.

Crazy Gnarls Berkley Crazy Patsy Cline

I find most of Ozzy's solo stuff to be over rated, but I'm a pure blooded Sabbath fan. Tony's riffs, Geezer's bass groves, and Bill's drumming carried Ozzy's vocals imo.

• Jesse

I love the song, especially the version from "Tribute". I was disappointed to find out that the bass and drums have been rerecorded just so Ozzy and Sharon could stop paying royalties to the original musicians.

Source(s): Lara Croft, heroine of heavy metal

It could be overrated, but what makes it overrated, because so many people talk about it or that it's played to much. Me myself I like the song I don't say it's great, but it is good. But there are many things on here that are overrated, but hey that is the way things are.

take care

dave

I guess it can get annoying after a while, but still, you can't deny it's greatness.

I love the guitar parts! I like the happy vibe.. it's just an all around great song :)

I think it has been overplayed but Randy Rhoads' guitar playing is legendary i mean very few guitarist can match up to Rhoads. Besides this song brought Ozzy from the dead and back to life.

It's a catchy song but not my favorite.I don't really like the Blizzard of Ozz album though, and I agree it is Pop like.

Yeah it is kind of happy I'm going of the rails on a cray train la la la , the tone of his voice makes me think this is a good thing.

• I think Ozzy is generally overrated