Was/Is your Dad important in your life?

I spent most of my life with my Mom and learned most of what I know today from my Mom, for my Mom and Dad decided to go their separate way when I was about 17 years old. During the years when Mom and Dad were together, I didn't have much affection for him, specifically because I felt he could have done a... show more I spent most of my life with my Mom and learned most of what I know today from my Mom, for my Mom and Dad decided to go their separate way when I was about 17 years old. During the years when Mom and Dad were together, I didn't have much affection for him, specifically because I felt he could have done a better job at treating my Mom like a lady.

Because I was brought up by my Mom and lived with females ( Mom and sister) throughout most of my life, I didn't learn what a Son probably should have learned from his Dad, and I am currently wondering if I missed any thing important out of my life because of this.

What's your opinion on this matter?

Thanks.
Dad