Is Nandos(UK) haram? CONFIRMED?

Assalamualaikum brother's and sisters. As we all know, Allah is most kind and most merciful. He looks at our intentions more than actions, as our rasool sallala hu alaihi wasalaam say : “Allah has overlooked my community’s mistakes, forgetfulness, and that which they were forced into.” Unintentionally eating... show more Assalamualaikum brother's and sisters. As we all know, Allah is most kind and most merciful. He looks at our intentions more than actions, as our rasool sallala hu alaihi wasalaam say : “Allah has overlooked my community’s mistakes, forgetfulness, and that which they were forced into.” Unintentionally eating haram, inshaAllah may be forgiven, but it has been CONFIRMED that the poultry of NANDO's is haram, and it is my duty to let my brother's and sister's of Islam know of this. Please do read on, and pass on to as many brother's and sisters possible! May Allah forgive us and guide us through the straight path, aameen!

With claims and counter claims regarding Nando's I would like to clarify some information.

FirstlyI would like to draw your attention to reserch done by Councillor SalimMulla, Chair Regeneration, Town Hall, Blackburn, BB1 7DY
01254 585321/01254 260208 Email: salim.mulla@blackburn.gov.
uk:

As-salaamu 'alaikum After a recent meeting with HMC (halal monitoring
committee) I can confirm that the chicken served by ' Halal ' Nando
outlets still is NOT HALAL. HMC personally inspected the
slaughterhouse of Freemans and came up with this conclusion. My
point of contact is Haroon Rashid.

Their chickens are all electrocuted; the voltage used is such that the
brains and nerve endings explode. Once the animal has been killed in
this way, under Islamic Sharia it will not be possible to slaughter it
and therefore deemed Haram for consumption by Muslims. Freeman's do
not carry out the Islamic method of slaughter, as the chickens flap
around too much and it leads to their wings being damaged.

This is most definitely not halal and not the way that Allah commands
us to treat animals. The following is an extract taken from The
Guardian website on the issue of fast-food, taking the case of the
supplier Nando's, Freeman's Poultry;

'Newentsits in folds of lush countryside at the far western reach of theCotswolds... hidden from view, is Freemans of Newent. Clifford Freemanand his cousin own this poultry abattoir. It is the largest halal plantin Britain , employing more than 250 people, slaughtering 300,000chickens a week, and after considerable persuasion and hesitationFreeman has agreed to show me how it is done. The birds are collectedfrom farms at night, transported to the site in the early hours of themorning, and kept in darkness until they are ready to be killed.Workers hang them upside down by their feet in shackles, suspended from a conveyor belt, or 'line', which then dangles them through an electrified bath. Their heads are submerged, and a high-frequency current in the water stuns them. The line keeps moving, taking the birds on to the slaughter area, where three men are standing ready to cut their throats'.

For the full article, visit:

Source ( http://observer.guardian.co.uk/islam/sto... )

The claims of halal by such operators and other sources are false. It
seems quite strange that Nando's can claim that some of its branches
are halal whilst others branches are not. Can it be, that Freeman's,
the supplier of Nando's for both halal AND non halal meat can change
from halal to haram at the mere flick of a switch?

I repeat Freeman's supplies Nando's and does not produce halal .
Allah has commanded us to treat animals with due care and respect.
The rest is now up to you! It would be prudent on behalf of all
Muslims to avoid all such outlets!! Safeguard your Iman! Avoid that
which is doubtful!
Please forward to as many Muslim brothers and sisters and insha'allah
the matter will be resolved.

Regards

Jazakh Allahu Khair

Source ( http://muftisays.org/forum/viewtopic.php...
Update: @ps3:- thats your descision to make.
the evidence of it being haram is in front of you.
Update 2: you could also contact the email address given above for confirmation.
Update 3: @Ninja-- u got evidence to present to them now