Can you name one movie from 1970 and up that dosen't deal with any love relationships or guy chasing girl?

I notice most movies deal with love and the guy is always trying to hook up with the girl. Weather it's a horror movie or comedy and especially a drama. I can name one movie that I saw a few years ago that doesn't deal with anyone hooking up. That movie would be the 1st Alien Vs. Predator.

But seriously even in cartoon movies for children there is some kind of romance. Like for example in Toy Story Woody and Bo Peep got together lol

I just thought of one other one. Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory in 1971. So I could only come up with two.

Best Answer

You are right! This was a lot harder than I thought. I figured I'd just make a Best Guy Movies list, but even many "guy movies" contain a romance of some kind.

Dirty Harry (1971) Cop, Has a girl, but no real relationship at all

The Longest Yard (1974) Prison movie

Reservoir Dogs (1992) Crime, Not a single female other than extras

Apocalypse Now (1976) War movie

The French Connection (1971) Cops, no real relationships

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) Comedy, just one scene where some horny virgins almost rape a knight

Deliverance (1972) Do hillbillies who try (they succeed) to make a guy their girlfriend count?

Blazing Saddles (1974) Just a couple of prostitutes, no love

Platoon (1986) War movie

First Blood (1982) Just Rambo kicking @ss and taking names

Lethal Weapon (1987) One guy is married and his daughter has a crush on his partner, but the women's roles are very small, just filler.

Robocop (1987) There is some very mild interaction between murphy and a female cop, but nothing close to love. He's half robot!

Kelly's Heroes (1970) War/ heist caper

Mean Streets (1973) Crime, It's been a while, but I don't remember any romance in this one.

The Seven-Ups (1973) Cops, I don't remember a romance.

Patton (1970) War Movie

Runaway Train (1985) Prison escape, I don't remember a romance

Enter the Dragon (1973) Just Bruce Lee kicking the crap out of anything that walks on two legs

48 Hrs. (1982) Buddy film/crime drama. Eddie Murphy trie to get laid, but he just got out of prison, what do you expect?

Papillon (1973) Prison, escape

Shaft (1971) Cop, Don't remember everything, but I'm gonna guess that Shaft had some ladies, but no love interests

Big Wednesday (1978) A tale of surfer's lives. The marriages and girlfriends take a back seat to the comraderie and male bonding

The Last Detail (1973) Sailors escort a young man across country to prison, Drinking, Whoring, a brief romantic connection, male bonding

Saving Private Ryan (1998) War Movie

Full Metal Jacket (1987) War movie, brief whoring

The BigLebowski 1998 Some sex, but no real love. Weed smoking, White Russian drinking, bowling

The Untouchable 1987 Cops/crime. Eliott Ness was married but that was just background stuff

Predator (1987) All action, with a hint of romantic connection

Alien (1979) / Aliens (1986) Some romance hinted in Aliens

American Psycho (2000) A serial killer, not very romantic

Training Day (2001) The Girlfriend and son relationships were there, but never deeply expanded on. They were just dramatic devices

Collateral (2004) Crime drama, not much romance here

300 (2006) Couldn't get into it. Seems to be a fan favorite, mostly action, don't recall much romance

The Usual Suspects (1995) Crime drama, mystery. Mostly just guys.

Das Boot (1981) Submarine films are dude fests

Crimson Tide (1995) Sub Movie

Hunt for Red October (1990) Sub movie

U571 (2000) Sub movie

Glory (1989) War movie, All black battalion in the Civil War

Miracle (2004) Hockey film, coach was married, but they didn't explore that too much, just a little bit.

Rudy (1993) Football, some romance was there, but very much in the background. It basically disappears by the end.

Cool Runnings (1993) First Jamaican bobsled team. you heard me right, Jamaicans bobsledding!

It was the other way around for me. Me and my ex slept together one night, then suddenly the next day she was all distant, she would lean to hug me rather than come close to me to hug me, and told me she wanted a break. I cried. I cried all the way home (4 hour train journey, she was on a course in the city). Then I saw that she had started sleeping with this other guy. It may be a break but it is still cheating the way I see it. Then she came back and broke up with me. Nicely, but still... Anyway, by the time of the break up I was past crying and had my emotions pretty much under control again. That emotional roller coaster ride the b*tch had put me through was over and now in future I will know how to keep my emotions under control so it doesn't happen again.

Wasn't The GodFather in the 1970s

I suppose you could make the argument that the movie opens up with a Wedding, Vitto was also all ready married. Michael was all ready seeing someone and Sonny cheating on his wife all the time I would hardly call romantic.

I know its weird right? Why do movies insist that people don't want to be alone?

Saving Private Ryan

There are a lot of movies that don't deal with relationships. Mostly any war movie doesn't have it.

Ie, Glory

Saving Private Ryan

U-571

Just to name a few.

• Pyro

I just watched Taken last night and it wasn't about hooking up. It was refreshing. But relationships are a main part of life, and therefore a main focus of our media.

• Teal

All the President's Men

"The Wild Geese". It's about British mercenaries in modern Africa trying to rescue a deposed political leader.

Terminator

lots of action movies don't have hook ups

• !!!

Umm Halloween? The girl's getting chased but it is only so she can be murdered...