Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is John McCain's Mom the real Maverick?

The always-outspoken Roberta McCain — mother of Sen. John McCain — took a swipe at Rush Limbaugh Wednesday, saying the popular conservative radio host "does not represent the Republican Party that I belong to".

"I belong to the Republican Party," McCain, 97, said during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno. "What he represents of the Republican Party has nothing to do with my side of it. I don't know what the man means, I don't know what he's talking about."

McCain also praised Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele for labeling Limbaugh an "entertainer" earlier this year during an interview on CNN.

"I think [Steele] was exactly right when he defined this man as an entertainer," she said. "To my horror, the Republican Party made him back up on it."

Favorite Answer

As Mom McCain said back when her son was campaigning "The Rep's lied about my son in 2000 and left him out to dry, but yet he stayed in the Rep party because he believe in their message" She is a tuff old lady that will not bow down to Rush or anyone else. She has my vote for being a true Maverick.

• Power

She is an oil heirsess so while many people listen to Rush she is not at all part of the world most of us are in. Her son names a list of places he wanted the troops to go to if he got into office. His goal was to continue what Bush started by using the military to bomb & rebuild places & then make a fortune in construction contracts. She thinks she is a queen. Her son was spoiled & so was she, their whole lives. So NO, she is not a person who is independent. She has had lots of money to depend on her whole life & yet they also depend on this group of elitists who think the are better than the real mavericks who wake up everything wondering how they will survive, how they will pay their bills, how they will keep their toe from getting sorer when they have no time to go to Dr. to check them for diabetes. They wonder if they will get picked up while standing in the dark waiting for the bus trying to get home from there secound job & if their child who is home alone is safe. Please, don't tell me this greedy people are this flaterring names. Watch this video I will link below. I remember this when I was a kid & it was shocking but now a writer has rewriten McCain's whole war story.http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/ watch the video this is one of a ton of things about him that make it shocking that he even stays in the Senate seat his father bought him.

Perhaps she is the real maverick. The Republican Party better change it's ultra-conservative ways and live in the 21st Century fast if they every want to regain their compatibility. Otherwise, they'll find themselves out of business real fast.

Nope. She's a liberal Republican like her son. Everyone has an opinion including Mrs. McCain.

Rush Limbaugh is destroying what is left of the Republican party from the bottom up.

I'm not a Limbaugh fan, but at 97, she may not know what most people mean when they are speaking.