What is in an "impression diagnosis"?

I am a BSN studnet and I'm doing my nursing process homwork. Unfortunately, there's this 'impression diagnosis' in the vital info that have not been explained by the lecturer (or i was probably dreaming away in class). Please help and thank you so much.

sorry for the wrong grammar. this is humiliating! (explanation: i really wanted to be a journalist than a nurse so i hate being wrong in grammar) ^_^

Favorite Answer

An impression diagnosis (or clinical impression) is the first diagnosis you can give someone, based on your impression of what the most likely cause of their symptoms would be.

For instance, if someone comes in complaining of a runny nose, headache, fever and sore throat, you could make an impression diagnosis of the cold. To make a clinical diagnosis usually means you've done tests and can say with certainty that yes, it's a common cold caused by human rhinovirus type A (antibody testing, blood cultures, etc) infection.

Source(s): med student
  • Denise

First impression is the last impression, is an old saying but disagree what if its not the true impression.. how can one convince self on making an opinion about someone just with first impression?? And also Never judge a book with its cover But still first impression has its importance and is the best impression because with it you can make place in the heart of anyone A well said quote, 'Personality opens the door but its Character which keeps it open' If your first impression is dull, somehow a dull image of yours will be built and will need some effort to rebuilt it similarly if you make an influencing and good image at the very first moment, you will definitely find this in your favour Happy New Year to you as well

Impression Def

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is in an "impression diagnosis"?

Source(s): quot impression diagnosis quot: https://shortly.im/jEA54