Is Link from Zelda... A girl?! :O?

I just read some comments on a note on Facebook about The Legend of Zelda hahah, and now I am completely and utterly confuzed! They kept saying her... SO IS LINK A GIRL? I ALWAYS THOUGHT LINK WAS A BOY! :O
I've only played Wind Waker, but that was AGES ago...
Update: I know Zelda is a girl... I think I shall have to copy and paste what they said. "person 1: Well NO S***. Link is the epic one. Truly the game title should have something to do with him. But nooooo. Zelda's a greedy *****. person 2: Mmmhm. I was just wondering... how come you never see her... show more I know Zelda is a girl...

I think I shall have to copy and paste what they said.

"person 1:
Well NO S***.
Link is the epic one. Truly the game title should have something to do with him.
But nooooo. Zelda's a greedy *****.
person 2:
Mmmhm. I was just wondering... how come you never see her parents in the game series? You see Link's G-ma in Wind Waker.... but no parents. :/
person 1:
Because she secretly KILLED them in a DOUBLE HOMICIDE and quickly patched up the crime scene to continue her rule as princess! I was there, I KNOW!

.... :)"