Can you bake a cake in a ceramic baking dish? I can't find my aluminum one...Thanks!!?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You can, but you might need to adjust the temperature, since metal heats up faster, it might say something on the box (unless your making it from scratch) about a different temp for glass pans, i would use that to go by for ceramic.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think it's the best idea, because the way ceramic conducts heat vs. a metal baking dish is different. It may work however, if you grease the pan and flour it really well. I think a cake will stick to ceramic easier. Also the timing may be longer in ceramic, so watch how it's baking to make sure it's fully cooked. You could also line the ceramic dish with aluminum foil, that may help you get a better result without too much sticking.

My roommate baked "mini cakes" in coffee mugs, and they actually turned out pretty good. So I think you will be fine with ceramic.

• alpis
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

MINT CREAM----------------------- 2 c Cream a million pk After 8 mints 2 Squares baking semi-candy ---------------------CAKE-------------..... -- chocolate 4 lg Eggs 7/8 c Sugar 8 ozAlmonds; grounded a million/2 c (scant) flour 3 tb Coca a million ts Baking powder ------------CREAM FILLING AND ICING----------------- a million c Cream Mint cream from above Cream Cake with Mint flavor (Kake med Myntesmak) THE DAY in the previous (Mint Cream): positioned 2 cups (5dl) cream in a saucepan and warmth over medium. upload a million equipment of After 8 mints (reserve 8 for adorning) and a pair of semi-candy chocolate squares and stir till melted. Cool the blend and shop in refrigerator in one day (this makes the mint flavour extra suitable than in case you utilize the mint cream an analogous day). CAKE: Line the backside of a 10" (26cm) springform pan with paper and butter it. Whip the eggs and sugar fairly fairly nicely - as though making a sponge cake. this could take approximately 5-8 minutes on intense. combine the the remainder of the climate and FOLD via hand into the egg/sugar blend. Pour into the arranged springform pan. Bake at 375 F (two hundred C) for sort of half-hour or till achieved (toothpick comes out sparkling). Cool on a rack. while arranged to fill and ice, slice in 0.5 with an prolonged knife. CREAM FILLING and ICING: Whip the mint cream. Whip the undeniable cream. Fold the two at the same time blending nicely. Fill the cake with the cream filling (~a million/3) and use the the rest 2/3 to ice the wonderful and facets of the cake (or decide the proportions via sight). decrease the 8 reserved after 8 mints in 0.5 diagonally and place decrease component down on the wonderful of the cake as ornament (i.e. they upward thrust up intense from the cake).

• 1 decade ago

I don't see why not. After all, you can bake brownies in a glass pan. Is glass and ceramic so different?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • thom t
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Of course you can. You might have to add 10 minutes or so because it doesn't transfer the heat as quickly. Test with a fork.

• 1 decade ago

yes you can but line it w/parchment or wax paper to make it easier to remove from pan

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes

• dustee
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

y es you can Aluminum is bad for you anyway

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.