What is your favorite version of the Phantom of the Opera?

Who performs as Christine/Erik/Raoul?

What year?

Which is your least favorite?

I've only seen two versions so far and have the music disc from the Canadian Cast.

Favorite Answer

Well, I love the Vegas version, seen it 5 times.

The first time I went I saw Anthony Crivello as Erik, Kristi Holden as Christine and Andrew Ragone as Raoul. I saw these people 2 times together.

third performance was Kristen Hertzenburg instead of Kristi.

The fourth time I went Ian Jon Bourg as Erik

And the fifth time it was Ted Keegan as Erik.

I`ve seen it on Broadway 22 times in the audiance and more backstage. I know the Phantom, Howard McGillin and the Raoul, Tim Martin Gleason and my friend`s mom knows the stage manager.

Vegas was all this year and Broadway has been as long as I can remember.

I`ve also fallen in love with the Charles Dance version and ofcourse Leroux`s Erik (the book.) I`m also fond of Kay`s Erik as well.

My least favorite is the 1989 Robert Enguld version-never watch it! It`s all blood and guts!

I also own the original London cast CD and think that it`s amazing

Source(s): My Phantom obsession!

Leroux's original and then the stage play (especially in Las Vegas). If you don't know the original version, it's hard to understand the motivation of the characters. You might check my blog to see why.

http://thephantomslesson.blogspot.com/