DAR
Lv 7
DAR asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Geithner thinks he can regulate pay for bankers in banks that DIDN'T take government funds? Ron Paul disagree?

disagrees. (He is on after the introduction, on this link). What do you think?

The video also discusses Montana's new resolution that guns and ammunition made and used in Montana only are not subjedt to Federal regulation.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGtmk3O3xsE

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=player_embedded

Update:

Stella, youtube is just a place to find clips from stations. The show is Freedom Watch.

Update 2:

bush family member. Then we have to do away with governmental licensing.

Update 3:

Lucky, I think they are running it up the flag pole to see if anyone objects. The G20 agreement Obama entered into would give an IMF committee the right to regulate our financial sector including wages, were the agreement constitutional. Geithner doesn't want to try to pass legislation on this so is pretending he has the power to pass on. I wouldn't be too complacent about it, actually.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • bwlobo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why stop at banks... Chrysler was told by the Obama administration to cut their ad budget in half.

If the government can tell auto companies and banks how to be managed, then they will find a way to manage ANYONE who has ever obtained Federal funds to do it the government's way or go under.

The next plan of action would be to confiscate management of Walmart, Grocery chains, Furniture and clothing manufacturers, chemical companies... you name it...

This should all sound familiar to anyone who has been paying attention to world news, like in Venezuela or Iran or North Korea. Take any tyrannical government, and you will find someone like Obama orchestrating and mandating more and more control over the common "we the people".

Source(s): bwlobo
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

1. The fed has "NO" power to regulate compensation of anyone that has not specifically agreed to it. However, the presence of the fed and its potential intervention will lead to quasi regulation by banks that fear repriasals from the fed.

2. The commerce clause may not be sufficient to protect home grown rules given the broad swath of the 2nd amendment and its application to states rights to regulate issues clearly within the bounds of national interests and constitutional purview.

I wouldn't be too worried about this...

• 1 decade ago

It's sad that Geithner is into punishing the wrong banking people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

cutting ad Badget for Chrysler in half. The thing I want to see cut, is banks lobby money. If they need our tax dollars, tehy should not have free money to dabble in politics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like that Montana thing. The Feds have usurped power far beyond what the founders meant them to have and far beyond what most people would grant them given a choice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

turbo tax cheat Geithner needs to be put in prison

Montana kicks @ss, good for them, maybe one day we will be able to actually have our rights back

Source(s): RIP Constitution, July 4, 1776-Jan. 20, 2009
  • 1 decade ago

I dont know how they think they can do such a thing.

• 1 decade ago

All banks are "licensed" to operate. The U.S. government can revote a bank's "license" if a bank does not follow conditions set by the U.S. government.

I don't agree with it, but that is the way it is.

• 1 decade ago

Who cares about Ron Paul?

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Your source is youtube? Come on!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.