LG
LG asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is the Miss USA pageant a Joke?

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/shanna-moakler-resigns-a...

The director of Miss California USA resigned, after yesterdays press conference with Donald Trump and gay-hater Carrie Prejean.

Is the pageant just a showcase of lying, slutty, girls who are intolerant and hateful?

Also run by Donald Trump, who continues to chase women who are younger than his own daughter.

Is the whole thing a joke?

Best Answer

not for trump...he is scoring a future wife.

Yes it is.. but in the long run.. this drama helps Mr. Trump.

If he had fired Miss Cali, (and made her follow the rules) the drama would be over by next week. More people will watch the show next year now.

edit- Patriotier.. there are all of those things. I knew a girl trying to be Miss Asian American etc.. If there is a group... there is someone making a pagent for it.

A joke? Yes. They've always been a joke. Affirmative action love fests? I think too many people want to give validity to making women base their self-worth on their appearance. Because in the end, it is just a BEAUTY CONTEST. Doesn't matter where you stand on the issues or what ethnicity you are.

You seem to be implying that there is actually some doubt on this issue.

I thought it was a joke as soon as I was old enough to change the channel on the remote.

Does anyone take those things seriously?

Remember Miss South Carolina from a few years back???

Hello??? The Miss USA contestants talk about world peace and gay marriage and universal health care, but they don't really have any say in policy. I mean, you will not see Miss USA talking to Congress about any of those topics. She would be laughed out of the room if she went there.

Whats really funny about this....

Pageant contestants are to represent the "traditional" young woman.

They are to have good moral standing

Preferrably never having sex (yes they have removed contestants for lack of virginity)

No prior pregnancies (they have removed them for hidden abortions and miscarriages, but they were supposed to be virgins anyway, lol)

Of Traditional religious ideals (the kicked a girl out several years ago for Pagan beliefs)

Be a representative of the Ideal female

Yet with all of these, you would expect they be against homosexuality, especially marriage.

But they are persecuted, for going against "traditional"

So yes, its a joke.

I think it is a joke. I hate both Miss USA and Miss America.

I've never paid a second of attention to any pageant. Hopefully this will show everyone how empty and hollow these things really are.

I think so. It seems to be ever since Trump got involved. Can you see his ego? It's amazing that he can fit into a room.

Ok. It's true that pageants have always been lame. But now it's intolerable.

Beauty pageants have been moronic meat shows since their inception

Edit

vrzz said it best.

Pageants were a joke long before this latest fiasco.