Questions about Venezuela?

What is another name for Venezuela?

why is it given this name?

Explain the main goal of Venezuela government(Federal Republic)?

How is the class system in Venezuela different from any other? Give 1 example.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Another name: Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela (Spanish: República Bolivariana de Venezuela)

this name was given by the president because she wanted that way, he loves our liberator (Simón Bolívar), and he put Bolivarian referring to Bolívar

About the main goal of Venezuela government(Federal Republic), our president Chávez is a populist, he doesn't care about what we people want, he just does things that we don't agree or we are not noticed, anyway, thats my oppinion, here im copying you something that I found in internet that could be helpful:

"Leftist president Hugo Chavez took office in 1999, pledging political and economic reforms to give the poor a greater share of the country's oil wealth. A constituent assembly was formed to rewrite the constitution in July 1999, followed by the creation of a constitutional assembly made up of Chavez's allies that replaced the democratically elected Congress. Chavez's assumption of greater power prompted charges that he is establishing a left-wing dictatorship.

Chavez was reelected to a six-year term in July 2000. Troops were called in to quell serious protests over the election in several cities. In 2000 Chavez visited other OPEC countries, becoming the first foreign head of state to visit Iraq since the 1991 Gulf War. He is close to President Fidel Castro of Cuba, which receives Venezuelan oil at reduced prices." (it continues here http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0108140.html)

The main difference between our class system and american, for example, is that our high school has 5 years, american has 6, and here we don't pick what subjects to study, we (in the fifth, year in which I am) have 10 subjects and that's it, no choice for us (you can only pick between Sciences and Humanities), in America you choose your subjects

I hope this helps

Source(s): a Venezuelan guy who is interested in politics even if i'm too young
  • ellooo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Country name: República Bolivariana de Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela) -- this changed not too long ago due to Chavez...

Everything else: try wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuela

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.