i have a question will they give people that got dooped into buying vista a rebate on windows 7 i mean come on?

i know ill take alot of heat for this and some will post on this and treat me like im stupid but there coming out with windows 7 cause vista bites well if you purchased a new comp (like i did) when i did you had no choice i feel people who has it are owed a lil bit of retribution and you know soon after windows 7 comes out there soon enough gonna stop support for vista and thats not right well i have lost alot of faith in microsoft and if what i asked happens this will help a lil oh well i think its a honest question so say whatever you want

Best Answer

No, however you can purchase a cheaper Windows 7 upgrade license rather than the 'install' license.

Windows 7 RC1 is available on microsofts website for free for a year.

I think the company's that automatically just put "Recommends the new Windows" should be partly to blame, companies such as Dell dont even test the new Versions of Windows before they bundle them with new systems and should be held accountable for doing so.

Consumers should also stop being such sheep and just buying the latest version of Windows because its the latest, or because they are told by Retailers its the best, half of sales people dont even know the products they are selling.

I personally never install a Windows the moment it comes out, as there are always bugs and fixes with new software, and it always takes a while till the new versions are patched to stability.

I have tried out Windows 7 on a spare hard drive, and I personally believe its better than Vista, even though there may be problems to be found.

I personally still use Windows XP, but I do have another Hard drive I'm experimenting with.

But to answer your question, I don't think they will, Microsoft seems to make up their own rules in the software world, and I think by them releasing this Windows 7 for a year for free, they will excuse themselves, as well as argue every Windows they come out with has problems, its not their first, remember Windows ME?

I personally hope they take the moral route and do give rebates, but its really upto them.

If you keep the receipt for Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit, you will be able to get a voucher to get a free upgrade to Windows 7. Microsoft announced this a while back but that doesn't mean you should rush out and get Vista Ultimate 64-Bit (as corporations do change their minds).

I would also like to point out that it is always better to install fresh then it is to upgrade from an existing system to a new version of that same system. This is because you will know that no legacy errors from the old system will not creep into your new version. If I was you I would wait till Windows 7 comes out and then get it. If you happen to have Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit and you have the receipt then yes you should try to get a free upgrade. You should always try to get free upgrades from Microsoft as then your not throwing your money way every time they decide to put out a system.

I personally think that Vista and 7 are tomorrow news, come out of the past already, Vista is a perfectly good platform and probably an effort to take us away from all the cheap crap aimed at XP etc. I'm satisfied to move into a higher quality computer world and Vista is the beginning. I had the same gripe like you did , until my son told me to grow up because computering is and i really should grow with it....i saw his difference of perspective , weighed the pros and cons and after a time have become satisfied and now wondering what the heck did i listen to the media for. Move forward young man. /woman

windows 7 will be a lot like vista >a little faster >i have had vista 3 years and sorry but i really like it i have had no problems with it

If you buy a machine preloaded with Windows Vista after July 1st 2009, you will be eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7 once it's released. There are a number of restrictions, though; you are not allowed to upgrade from one language to another. In addition, the only upgrade paths allowed within the program are from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium, Business to Professional, and Ultimate to Ultimate. All other paths are not allowed; people who buy Vista Starter or Vista Home Basic are not eligible for upgrades, for instance.

http://www.osnews.com/story/20735/The_Microsoft_Wi...

• Lisa

Well Beta does mean their could be some problems. Stick with Vista until 7 is more stable.

Absolutely not. Vista, although i'm not that big a fan, is a fairly stable OS that fixes many of it's own problems. You purchases a very capable OS that has made many improvements on what you had previously so you got what you paid for.

Of course not. They're letting anyone download the RC for free, though, which expires June 1, 2010.

I don't think Vista is that bad...

Source(s): Don't give me a thumbs down beacuse you dont agree>

Definitely not no chance.