suggestion for a non- muslim women wanting to convert?

i will appreciate positive advice from muslim women about converting or new converts, and how do you know your ready to convert i think i am but dont know

Favorite Answer

When I was in that place.. of thinking I was ready but not sure... I prayed my first prayer to Allah SWT.

I didn't know how to pray like the muslims yet, so I just said my own words.

It was totally overwhelming .. cried like a baby...

After that , there was no doubt in my mind!

Converting depends on the degree of your faith and reasons, Try to make more research about Islam so that you will be easily guided to the right path. Below are some materials you will find them wanting, may God guide us all.

Salam, I say salam to you as my muslim brother or sister because it is only a matter of time. Allah has opened your heart to him and chosen you for his deen. A muslim revert myself from catholism for 1 yr now... I pondered if I was ready. I didnt know the prayer, I hadnt completed all the quran, I had no idea of all the greetings and islamic manners and although I had Allah in my heart and wanted to change... was i really ready for hijab. I figured... each to their own. Its between no one but u and Allah. Allah judges everyone on their own merits and so what if I didnt have as much knowledge as my hijab sisters, or the conviction yet to wear hijab. Inshallah that grows with time in some and is strong from the get go in others. But one thing I was sure of is my love for Allah, my wanted to be in his deen and that I felt drawn to him. So I bathed took my shahadda and prostrated with thanks and full of emotion. Atlast... I had just started my path and relationship with Allah. He is my heavenly father, as as my deen and knowledge has grown over time.. I am sure Allah will be full of admiration for any attempt you make in prayer and learning in your early days. And when u try and get it all wrong ... he will be in admiration of your effort. & when you stumble... he will pick you up, and when you have conviction of faith in your heart & belief in the unseen... he will reward you in this life and the next. Welcome sister/ brother. Welcome x & congratulations to being one of the chosen ones by Allah. He has seen something in you from all the alamin that is created to call you from amongst them to the true path. Please dont delay for fear of inferiority... every muslim/ muslima started somewhere & tomorrow is a gift and inshallah we will all be given it... but what if tomorrow is not written for you? Take your shahadda from your heart. & Allah will help you find the rest in good time. Amin x

congrats !

sister, steps are as follows :

.1.pronounce shahadah

The Shahada can be declared as follows:

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no deity (none truely to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah",

However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to only utter this testimony oraly either in private or in public; but he should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith. If one is sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all his life.

he will find himself a new born person !

The next step for a newly revert to Islam is to purify himself by taking a complete bath.

these websites will be helpful to inshallah.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en

http://www.islam-qa.com/en

If its clear to you that its the truth, and that death can come at any time, and that to die without being in a strate of islam (submission to God) means Hell forever, and that submitting to God leads to the pleasure of God, then whats stopping you ?

Do you not let your fear of anything stand between you and God.

Once you have seen the truth, accept it . and do your best to follow it. no mater how difficult it may seem.

because one day, you will meet God. And if he is pleased with you, that will be a good day... and from that day for ever, you will live in paradise...

either that or having known that islam was the truth and still not accepting it, for fear of what your family or friends or scoeity might say... and if you fear them more than God, then God has prepared for the disbelievers hell....

Please look at my question on proving islam to be the truth as well as other questions for info...

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av...

???? Why ISLAM is TRUTH ?

Source(s): God knows best. Also, if you have any specific questions you would like to discuss in private, plz email me. Its a big step to accept something new.. etc... insha'allaah we will be able to help you in whatever way you need. please feel free to email us for anything. no question too small or big.

Do you see what happens in the muslim world? They don't know how to intemperate their own little bible, or whatever it's called. Just look at the Taliban.

Why would you want to ??? a religious cult started by a man that just decided he wanted to be the head of a religious group. It has no biblical origin. If you want to change Go with one that was started by God through his son Jesus Christ.

If you are not sure about converting how do you know if the others who converted were sure about the mess they are getting themselves into?

i really appreciate u about ur conversion...

first go and approach ur muslim friends or jammat members...........

I was ready to leave islam at 20 when i read how Mohammad was a pervert and pedophile

lol