Do you think that McCain was nominated the GOP's candidate because he was a liberal leaning Republican?

I think it's interesting because everyone LOVED McCain during the election process, but it's amazing to me how many people seemed to have turned against him since then. People say he lost because he wasn't conservative enough. I think that's funny because if he was an ultra-conservative candidate he... show more I think it's interesting because everyone LOVED McCain during the election process, but it's amazing to me how many people seemed to have turned against him since then. People say he lost because he wasn't conservative enough. I think that's funny because if he was an ultra-conservative candidate he would of lost by even more. Has anyone even really thought of why the GOP's candidate was liberal leaning Republican? Because of Bush... so many Republicans were disenfranchised by him that they made their candidate someone who was more liberal and towards the middle. Funny thing is... if McCain had just stayed true to himself instead of trying to switch gears to ultra-conservatism then he might of won. It's like he didn't realize that the reason he was nominated was because of his liberal leaning ways.