Budget or U-haul moving trucks?

I am moving from San Diego, CA to Ohio and I was going to go with U-haul but I heard that budget is better. Has anyone had experience with Budget and are they really better than U-haul?

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

My two cents worth, to agree with the first poster. I spent nearly ten years as a truck driver. I have seen more U-hauls broke down on the side of the road, more frequently than any other rental service. I think they have almost as many repair trucks as they do rentals. Drive by a U-haul and check out their trucks, they are generally older. Drive by Budget and look at theirs, they are generally newer.

I needed to move about 600 miles with a 26' truck and a tow dolley to pull my pick up behind. I shopped around. The best rate was with Budget. . I hauled a full 26' truck with a full size Chevy pick up behind through three states, all three were mountainous and had no problems whatsoever. The other nice part, the truck was almost brand new and had hardly been used at all. If you are coming out of San Diego heading east, you are going to be pulling some mountain grades. You are not going to want to have issues with power to pull the grades or the truck overheating. My experience, go with Budget.

PS: Nothing wrong with Penske. Good company and good trucks. I just do not have any personal experience with them.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Budget or U-haul moving trucks?

Source(s): budget haul moving trucks: https://biturl.im/H65AD
  • eget

Budget Vs Uhaul

• John L

U-Haul is infamous for taking "reservations" whether or not they're going to have a truck to rent to you. I would rent from Budget or Penske or one of the other reputable chains.

Source(s): Experience

Uhaul has the worst reputation nation wide as far as trucks not being safe, inspected, invested in to keep providing reliable serive. My brother moved from CA to NY with them, he made it about 4 hours with 4 kids and broke down. The truck was so broken they had to unlead reload in the middle of the desert to get him to NY.

I relocatied using Penske and had no troubles at all. It was worth the small increase in price to have that piece of mind.