is 130 of IQ average? read more pls?

i took an IQ test at school and the score is 130 but it said there that its average only. is it unreliable? btw im 18 yrs old

9 Answers

Relevance
  • mikey
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The scale for the test has the average at 100. If you are 130 then that is pretty good and well above average.

The school probably has opened the average range both above and below the 100 point mark quite a bit. This is so someone who scores low doesn't have to get told they are stupid and possibly get their feelers hurt. Unfortunately, it also means you don't get told you are smart, just average.

• 1 decade ago

IQ is one measure of intelligence and tends to be reliable assuming that a professional is the one who performed the test(s). The main reason that this score might be unreliable is if it was taken on an internet site.

An IQ of 130 is in the very superior range, 100 is average, and anything below 70 is consistent with mental retardation or some spectrum disorders.

Source(s): Learning Disabilities and Related Mild Disabilities: Characteristics, Teaching Strategies, and New Direction
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No it is not average.

100 is average.

According to the stats,, and the test.. having an an I.Q. of 130 would make you intellectually superior to over 90% of the population.

http://imjustaguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/iq_b...

But I don't believe that. I tested at 135 when I was your age.

If I'm so smart. why aren't I rich?

• 1 decade ago

125-130 is the about average of a college educated person. It also means that depending on which subject you tested stronger in, you would have more keen skills toward perception and analyzing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

For an 18 year old Female, this is a 'higher than average' Intelligence Quota and should consider applying for Mensa testing.

• 1 decade ago

no. 130 is a lot above average. Not a genius however, but your really gifted. 90-115 is average.

• 1 decade ago

That's good, but IQ means nothing without EQ.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, 100 is avg

• 1 decade ago

100 is avg, good job

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.