Car Troubles, Thrust Bearing replacement?

I was looking into buying a car but it spun a thrust bearing. How difficult is it to replace a thrust bearing.

I can do it, and I can easily get the info (Mitchell on Demand)

Favorite Answer

Are you talking about a thrust bearing in the engine or in the transmission? What kind of car? What engine? In any case, a spun thrust bearing is not easy to change, if it spun then there is also damage to the joining surfaces, the crank and the engine block will probably have to be machined. If you have access to Mitchell then it will show how difficult the job is. A lot more accurate than what anyone on here can tell you. Especially with the information you have provided us.

If a thrust bearing has spun I would expect that the block is damaged and will need to be line bored,if you're talking about a trans then no big deal to repair

• you dont spin a thrust bearing. i think that you were misinformed, i think the owner spun a cam or connecting rod or main bearing NOT a thrust bearing the fun part is finding the right one.

Source(s): ase certified master tech

thats what she said