Hypothetical question?

I just saw a Capital One commercial where a group of people are stuck on an island, and one man gets internet somehow and a woman screams out "Oh, now we can call for help!" My question(s): If you did get internet (hypothetical) how would you contact help? Is there an online version of 911. Even so, would they believe you? "Yeah, I'm in the middle of the pacific (doesn't have to be pacific, so don't give me a crap answer having to do with international waters.) on a small island. Come get me." Or...could you contact coast guard somehow?

Favorite Answer

You could connect to the internet if it was satellite capable and picked up the signals through space. In that case, hopefully rescue teams would be able to somewhat globally pinpoint your location based on where the satellite signals are emitting.

It is possible to phone a nearby country or your home country (or, for that matter, ANY country) with internet.

haha i've seen that..i'm thinking you can get on skype or some internet phone calling service?