mysterious calls from people to extend my car warranty?

how are they.

what to they do.

why do they do it.

call number is 802-287-9997

yea i knew it was a scam i just wanted to try and find out who it was

Favorite Answer

The number is bogus. They call EVERY number possible, even if it is not a valid number. They TRY to get you to buy an extended warranty for any cars you happen to have. Even if they are not outright scams, they are not worth the price.

They just want money. I've asked them what type of car I have and how old it is and was put on hold for awhile. I think they were hoping I would forget what I asked and just pay them for their "service" they were offering. They are selling you a fake warranty on your car. They will leave you a number or say that they are going to send you a confirmation email or letter in the mail, but if something ever did happen to your car, you can bet they would not cover it. They probably wouldn't even remember selling you a "policy".

They will do nothing for you. It is all a scam. I get about two or three letters a week from scams like this. Check out the site below for references to your number.

i do no longer comprehend if there is something you're able to do different than postpone as quickly as you hear it somewhat is them. i'm getting the comparable element interior the mail each and all the time approximately finding out to purchase a protracted guarantee. I own a 2 12 months previous automobile it is under guarantee via Hyundai

• jdw

I use to get these three times a day on both my cell and home phone. The other night I saw a news update on tv. The Better Business Bureau is investigating these people for harassment and fraud. Hope they nail them.

Extended car warranties are a SCAM. Run - don't walk - Run - away from it.

They've been calling me, too, but I don't have a car.

I asked the dude, "Where are you calling from?" and the guy said, "The manufacturer of your car."

So I said, "What kind of car do I have?" and he said, "You don't know?"

I said, "Well, I have a couple, and I need to know which one you're calling about," and he said, "Hold on," but hung up.

sounds like a scam to me

they are a private company who realizes that if you sell "insurance warranties" and have a LOT of limititations in small print, basically you simply collect premiums and pay out nothing.

its a known scam. read ripoffereport.com - there also have been many NEWS stories about this scam