Roy Jones v. Silva, Trigg, Diaz?

People are getting all upset about this, I just read an article about how it was "pointless" which I've heard before as well. This is sports, why does everything have to have some epic or salient point? We are already bad enough were we need/allow single games or fights to determine huge and... show more People are getting all upset about this, I just read an article about how it was "pointless" which I've heard before as well.

This is sports, why does everything have to have some epic or salient point? We are already bad enough were we need/allow single games or fights to determine huge and ultimate issues.

Roy Jones v. any recognizable MMA fighter (by the way that elminates 99% of MMA fighters when it comes to the rest of the world) could be a sort of cool event. To see if Roy can stay off his back long enough to display world class boxing against a guy offering a completley new kind of resistence.

It won't determine who the best MMA fighter on the planet is, or whether every boxer can beat every MMA fighter, but so what? Owner, promoters, sports writers, networks, already are too far gone, but when FANS start treating sports like a business its just not going to be fun anymore.